1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice without bashing please

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Apr 7, 2004.

1. klf

klf New Member

nuts!

Most sacks are just extra skin left by the testies. the testies are removed not the sack, it can flatten back into the skin so you don't see it! this is a simple procedure! unlike spaying a bitch. If you plan on spaying her do it before she gets too much older. Just like people there are many problems with putting an older dog through this. If you plan to breed her that is a different story. Your little puppy can have surgery and stay at the vets boarding crt. ask to look at the boarding area, if it is clean smelling and pee can't run through one run to the other then board him there...if this is what you plan to do each time you go away. Personly i use a pet sitter who is bonded and insured to come to my home. they water plants, take in your mail, turn on and off lights, all to make it look like you are there! NOt to mention the one on one time your dogs will get! I use to pet sit for my friends and family...since i worked for a vet and boarding kennel i also know your pets can pick up unwanted critters and crud at the vet and any boarding kennel this is why i have a pet sitter! Good luck sometimes you can find sitters that will let your pet go to their house....not a good idea for your girl in heat! make sure you call all of the referances! and the bonding/ins. co to verify they are who they say they are. Your vet can give you names and numbers of some sitters. you could even ask a tech if they want to earn extra cash! best of luck!

2. Jody

Jody New Member

We got miah, my female, done about 6 months ago now. We kept her inside for a week and we took her outside to go to the toilet, and wouldn't let her near Jasper as we didn't want the stitches falling out because Jasper is so hyper and would have made her do things she wasn't ment to do at the time.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    She slept on the floor beside our bed as we didn't want her jumping off the bed to get her water. We dropped her at the vet on the Friday Morning before I went for work, and we picked her up after I got home from work so she was there all day. We walked through the door of the vets and those little puppy dog eyes where like 'take me home please mum and dad, this place is horrible'. Once we got home she was ok, and still high on the drugs and medication they had given her. SHe didn't eat much, she did drink a bit, but later on that night she vomited which the vet said she would because of the drugs.
    Dru picked her up and carried here everywhere the whole time she had the stitches in, and believe me, Miah loved every tiny attention Dru payed to her. She even got picked up so she could go outside and go to the toilet. 8) 8)
    Jasper was kept outside most of the time and only let in on a few occasions. Jasper kept licking the stitches so after a while she new her little sister was in pain and tried to make her better by licking them (so kind of her to do, but the vet told us she wasn't allowed to lick the stitches because it would cause irritation).
    After a couple of days she was eating her normal meals again, but still not back to her happy self, but once the stitches came out she was fine. She has a nice clean scar up the middle of her stomach and is hardly vissable.

Jody

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

my boy dog also has nothing!
    but back to the original subject, unless you are breeding this female dog because she is champion blood line she also should be taken to the vet. And if you are taken her there for boarding already even better, less mess around your house to clean up and she has the vet to watch over her!

4. winnie

winnie New Member

I got Syd spayes on thursadya and she is swollen, looks like a golf ball, i got it drained yesterday buit it looks like same? Guess i should take her back agian

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

First of all... lemme say "LMAO @ MARY" and her responses in this thread! hehe... I literally laughed out loud on the "well that changes everything" hehe... :-k

Secondly, my Bailey was neutered in November and his "sack" was there, but the "innards" are gone. You could see the empty sack at first, but now you don't see anything..... it pretty much just flattened out.

(can you believe we are even having this conversation?? hehe) :0022:

6. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Our vet leaves the "sacs"....