1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need help, 14 month old puppy with possible Parvo

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by jdtp0203, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jdtp0203

jdtp0203 New Member

Update on my german shepherd

Well, I got the vet to give my liquid forms of what was need (antibiotic) and when I went up north (home for the holidays) my gramma was nice enough to shove the stomache calming meds down his throat like you described...ick, but worked! He is now healthy and fine...I do however wonder what the heck he had. He was tested for parvo, but had near all the symptoms!! Everything but the bloddy diahrea and smell.....I know the human greasy food I was giving him was horrible and not good (NOW) but did not think it would cause such problems. Thought if anything it would cut a year or two off his life, nothing immediate. Would this really cause parvo type symptoms and death?! If I did not get him to the hospital I am sure he would not have made it. Just cause of the people food?! I learned my lesson, don't get me wrong, but my gramma's dogs lived on the fatty foods they had as leftovers cause they couldn't afford dog food back then...I find that so hard to belive that after 6 months this would cause this type of damage. I have changed my ways and refuse to give them anything that is not a home-made food or healthy treat, but still have my doubts. Thank you so much for your help, you were great and helped prompt me to get to a second/third vet. Thank you so much!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

the foods your grandma fed were probably not as full of preservatives and all the crap they stuff our modern foods with. Even a piece of chicken is going to be pumped full of hormones to make the chicken grow faster so it can be slaughtered quicker.
    Could simply have been an irritated bowel from the food not designed for his system.
    but better he is better now and you know what will help him nutritionally

3. Sienna

Sienna New Member

OMG poor you ... keep us posted with his condition.