1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP FAST

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, May 23, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Hey, alright well its 3 am my time at the time of this post and im going to be leaving for vacation at 9 am, my question is im going to be gone for a 7 day week and need to know how long 5 guppies in a 5 gallon can go without food, my auto feeder has me covered for the first 72 hours and our neighbors can feed them for 3 more days after that... THANKS

2. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Most Fish can go without food for 14 days.

I wouldn't be worry, if i were you :D

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

there is somthing called weekend feeder
    when your friend comes over on the last day that she can feed hav her drop in a weekend feeder and it should be ok

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

From my experience, the friend will kill your guppies. Most people will feed fish like dogs, then feed them again because they "looked" hungry. If you let your friend feed them, leave a specific amount to feed each day... no more. 2 weeks is no problem for a fish to go without food. :shock:

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my sis somethimes feeds my fish....now i understand why my fish are so darn fat and the fry have suck dirty water that i cant clean cause they are to small. fish never have a sence of being full

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Thanks guys, actually I left a little baggy labled for each day, pre crushed etc and I did my best to make sure it wouldnt go under, also descided to turn my heater + filter on their auto settings so I hope to god they live, the "motel 8" has internet access so i might be able to get on at night until we reach the hotel, thanks for the suggestions, I've used thoes "weekend" feeder things and it really mucked up my tank so thats why I descided agenst it.

7. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Weekend feeders explode in your tank after a few hours, leaving flake food all over the place. They mess up water parameters and you will return to find uneaten food everywhere!