1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need Urgent Help

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Oct 22, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sams when I feed Satin Balls I always make a huge batch and then freeze muffin size loafs in sandwich bags and then just thaw as needed. Just give her a little at a time several times a day and allow her to eat at what she wants then refrigerate the rest.
    You may also try giving her baby food the meat flavored or stew flavored ones are normally appealing to dogs. Good luck

2. Mix Breed lover

Mix Breed lover New Member

The baby food idea is a good one GinaH. I think someone already mentioned the meat stick ones. You could also try baby cereal mixed with puppy milk. You really want her to gain the weight back slowly.

As far as the pills. Parker will not take pills. I have tried hiding them in all kinds of stuff including peanut butter. He finds it and spits it out everytime. What I do is I make him sit then i put his head strait up. Open his mouth and drop the pill in the back of his throat. Then I hold his mouth shut and rub his neck for a few seconds. Works every time. He doesn't like it but he gets his pill and that is what matters.

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I've tried the baby food....

Ok GinaH ! Thanks....
    Oh. Putting weight back on has to be slow or it can be potentially harmful if not fatal to the dog.
    Most people that try and help a starving, or sick and emaciated animal try to feed it all it wants. YOu can't do that. Their system is in shock and trying to overload it, can cause more harm than good.

I'll keep yall updated on Daisy's progress. It'll be slow and tedious. I have photos but due to the graphic nature of them, I will not post. However, I will post after photos if she makes it.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

and try heating upt he food a bit, since Midas has been sick, he eats much better with his food warm and small tiny meals spread thru the day

honeybear

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. I made the loafs again....Ugh!!! stinky!!! YUCK.

Granvel thought it was dinner!!! He went for a fork, and I almost couldn't stop him!! Good thing I did, or he'd have me chained up in the back yard!!! (figuratively speaking of course!)

She ate with no problem! So i've got 5 days spaced out in Gladware containers.