1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new fish for tropical tank!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dougie_090, Dec 21, 2004.

1. dougie_090

dougie_090 New Member

i was just wondering as what fish i should look into gettin for a tropical tank and what ones people find most atrractive and colourful to look at but also for easi keeping as i am lookin tpo get a few.

no qs needed on what tank size ive got yet id just like to no which 1s people prefer!!

thanks in advance

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No one can recommend fish for you to get if they don't know what size tank you have. For all we know, you could have a 2 gallon tank.
    -Chelle

3. gravity

gravity New Member

Yeah, if you're not going to give us an idea of what size tank...I'd recommend a betta and nothing else with it.

As for general recommendations...your fish should reflect what you want to see. I've found that my tanks are VERY relaxing after a stressful day. Some people want active fish, some people want colorful fish, some people want deadly fish, some people want big fish, small fish, red fish, blue fish.... Your fish should be what YOU want them to be, specifically as it relates to your tank size.

4. dude412

dude412 New Member

say you had a:

20 gallon
    -4 fancy guppies
    -1 albino cory cat
    -4 neons
    -1 red tailed shark
    35 gallon
    -1 jelly bean fish
    -5-6 neons
    -1 peacock eel
    - a clown loach
    please give us a tank specifacation ive given some exaples but theres loads of possibiltes and im assuming you want a fresh water tank but nvm that and tell us wut you find hard or easy to keep like no speacil foods or no speacil equipment any ways answer these questions and well help you

5. tski22

tski22 New Member

i could argue the stocking on those tanks: the 20 gallon the red tailed would probably harass the guppies and neons, and in the 35 the peacock eel would probably eat the neons but anyways its all a matter of preference dont get what we want you to get what appeals to you. -tl

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Dude 412 tho tank stocking are both pretty bad you shouldnt recommand them. A Parrot cichlid arnt very peaceful fish all they are is a dimented midas pretty much. As redtails get older they get mor agressive, mine chases my tiger barbs around alot

7. dude412

dude412 New Member

dude are u dissing jellybean fish u have dempseys they look jus look like big giant jellybean fish that are black in coloration geez and imo there the best i dont wanna fight over this but your rite the eel will kill the tetras and sometimes redtails are mean

8. venom

venom New Member

one full grown parrot needs 42g. for only one. saying that 1 can go in a 35g with other fish, is wrong. they get to be 8" and they would swallow a neon at a small size. and clown loaches get to be around 8" too.