1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New puppy.... :)

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by gwen13, Sep 13, 2004.

1. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

So I've been thinking about a new addition...puppy fever is definetly going around!
    After some thought it was decided, I'll be getting a Maltese puppy in 6-7 weeks! :eek:
    I just can't control my excitement, so I had to share with someone. It seems so far away but I just can't wait!
    It's a little girl, she's 3-4 weeks old right now but I can't decide on a name. So far I like Bijou, Bianca or Chanel..what do you guys think??
    They all seem like good choices for a very pampered pet.
    Anyway..here she is, she's the little girl on the right in the photos, the one circled with hearts
    :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is the smallest and the cutest of the litter, if I do say so myself! :y_the_best:

2. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

congratulations, gwen!! :) :)

I have a big soft spot in my heart for Malteses... I think they are sooooo cotton pickin cute!!! You'll have to share lots and lots of pictures!!

I am not one for "foo-foo" names, so my vote is for Chanel out of the three...... hehe... then again, none of our opinions should matter! It's between you and her. You can always let her "pick".... that's what we did with Bailey. lol

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:eek: CONGRATS, GWEN, ON YOUR SOON-TO-BE NEW ADDITION!!! :eek:

Will this be your second dog?

I've been tempted sooooo MANY times recently to bring in a new addition, but I must resist, two is enough for the time being! :wink: You have no idea how hard it is for me to resist not taking in any more pets...LOL!!!

Gotta' share some pics when you bring your new baby home!

*Oh, and love the name Chanel, too cute! :y_the_best:

4. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

Please oh Please share some pic's when you get her. She really is a doll and a sweet heart to boot.

5. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

Awww....what a cutie!
    Congrats!

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

OMG, she's precious!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! I know how hard the wait is but you'll have plenty to do to get ready for her. Hopefully that will make the time go by quicker :D

I like Bianca out of the 3 names but, can I share with you the name that popped in my head when I saw her? Gracie (or Grace). Don't ask.. it's just what she looks like to me!

I'm very happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about her arrival!!

7. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Thanks everyone!! :eek: I appreciate all of the suggestions.
    Hehe Monster, foo foo names! Some of them might too confusing for a puppy though I thought, with training and what not, so I also thought of Gia. It's 2 syllables so it won't get confused with sit or other commands and not too confusing I think. Of course, I still have a while to decide!
    I can't wait to get some better photos to post, I'll keep everyone updated on her progress :y_the_best:
    This would be the third addition actually..tsk..but I just couldn't help it! I saw the cutest maltese a few months back and since then I just couldn't stop thinking about getting one. This is the last though, I promise. Anymore and I would just have my hands full. We have my little longhair chihuahua and a medium sized siberian husky. She's very small for a husky and pretty independant, she doesn't demand a whole lot except belly rubs so she doesn't need to be told what to do or when to go out, etc. (she's 3 years old.)
    She likes sleeping, and that's just about it, but with my chihuahua she doesn't get much of that so he needs someone more size appropiate to be his playmate. He doesn't seem to understand why this giant furry thing sleeps all day when there are so many "exciting" things to do!

8. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Ahhh, so you do have another dog, I thought you mentioned in a previous thread having another dog, but I wasn't for sure...I was just curious! I think your new pup will be a great addition, ESPECIALLY for your chi, now he'll have a buddy his own size to play with!!! :y_the_best:

Thanks for sharing! :D

9. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Yay! I'll be getting more photos this week :y_the_best:
    I think I have decided on naming her Gia. I'm going puppy crazy, these are just the cutest websites!
    http://www.maxeealexander.com/catalog/

http://www.chiwawagaga.com

So cute! and I found out that you can buy most of the things on the first website directly from PetEdge.com at whole sale prices, so needless to say I've been going overboard with all of the puppy goodies :wink:

10. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

I like the name Gia alot!!!!! and me n Trixie like PetEdge too. We live about 30 min. away so we actually go to the store but it has some really great prices. They have a catalog too so u might want that of course then u will have to be able to stop yourself from getting everything. (like the cute little duckie halloween costume i saw) heehee. GOOD LUCK

11. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

IMO, Gia is a great name, Gwen!!! :y_the_best:

Can't wait to see some new pics, I bet she's just getting cuter and cuter by the day!!! :wink:

Been there, done that!!! Isn't it fun!!! :eek:

:D

12. ntengwall

ntengwall New Member

Awwww!

She is so cute!! How big do you think she will be when full grown? Did you get her from a breeder near where you live?

13. doggielover

doggielover New Member

your pup is sooo cute, I love maltese the only problem is we (me and my fiance) have many neices and nephews and the maltese breed is too tiny for kids, anyways your so lucky to get such a cute pup, keep us posted on her progress (with lots of pics)!

14. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Thanks everyone!!
    But I'm a bit worried right now. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but after falling in love and picking out my little girl I put down my depsosit, I haven't heard from the breeder since :| She was very good about returning my calls everyday and answering e-mails and sending pictures, and now I haven't heard from her since Monday. I made the deposit Friday and since then the e-mails and calls went from long and very helpful to just brief basic one sentence things. It's like now that she has the deposit she doesn't make any effort. She hasn't sent me the contract like she said she would or the receipt for my deposit yet.
    Should I just move on and look for another pup?? It's doubtful I'll get my deposit back if she was infact just playing sweet to make the deal and now doesn't care, but if this is the case she can keep my deposit 'cause I definetly wouldn't be interested, I'll just find someone else. If it isn't the case, well, I hope she has a good explanation considering my e-mail server says she read all of them :roll: Hmmm :?:

15. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I really hope things work out. Maybe she does have a good explination and hope she comes up with one soon. I wouldent move on just yet you gave her money and I would pursue that until I got an answer. But you dont want to tie yourself down to a new puppy and then have this one work out unless you want two! Is it possible she hasnt recieved the deposit yet or is waiting for it to clear and might be waiting on that to proceed any further? Please keep us updated!

16. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Nope, the deposit has *definetly* been cleared! :( The same day even. I really did fall in love with this little girl so I don't want to move on, but if she is going to ignore me 'cause she has the money I most certainly will. I'm crossing my fingers, today was the day I was supposed to send her the amount in full but not if I haven't even heard from her since Mon.
    I'll wait until next Monday then I'll start browsing again..

17. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Did you call her to find out what's going on?!?! She may indeed have a valid reason for her lack of contact, but then again, she may be scamming you...I'd talk to her directly on the phone to see what the deal is!!! :y_the_best:

:D

18. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

I've been calling, no answer :( No reply to my e-mails, no phone calls, no new pictures of the pups. It's been almost a week and she has definetly been online so I'm sure she got my calls too. I guess there really isn't a way to get my deposit back, so now I'm short on cash and back where I started :( :cry: