1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Shih Poo Puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by bwaltsig, Feb 1, 2007.

1. bwaltsig

bwaltsig New Member

My girlfriend and I just recently brought home a female shih-poo puppy. I have been reading on the forum here about all other shih-poo owners and it's nice to know there are others out there. I am just wondering how long it took some of you to housetrain your shih-poo. I understand she's a puppy and that it is going to take some work, but right now the end of the road looks far away!! Thanks for your replies in advance!

2. WendyM

WendyM New Member

Congratulations on your new puppy. My Shih-poo is just 3 months now. I brought her home on December 28/06. So far house training has gone well. She took to paper training right away and now with regular walks first thing in the morning and at night, we have the widdles and dog logs under control. She is a puppy so every once in a while when she gets excited there is an oops but we never make a big deal out of it.

3. gypsy

gypsy New Member

patience, patience, and more patience. Any accidents at this stage are your fault, not the pups. Be consistent, and don't sweat it. She will be a pup for less than a year, and an adult dog for about 15-18 years. Enjoy her puppyhood whilst it lasts! :y_the_best:

4. roxydog1

roxydog1 New Member

I am having the same problem as you, so I know where you are coming from. I am working on paper training right now and my puppy will potty all the way around the paper but will not go on the paper (she wont even step on it) So if you find a secret to this please let me know.