1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Tank Syndrome Help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Bruce1962, Feb 24, 2005.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You might be better off returning the chinese algae eaters. They get fairly large (6" - 8") and as adults they can be quite aggressive.

If you returned them you would have enough room to add 2 more rosey barbs, 1 more cory, and an angel.

-Chelle

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

Hello Bruce, I had not seen this forum previously and would be happy to help. If you add 1 or 2 more rosies and cories that would not be adding to many bottom feeders. ALthough I would reccomend returning the CAE's (chinese algae eaters) because they can grow to be up to 8 inches, so I would return them add the rosies and cories and maybe squeeze in that angel but you would have to ask chelle for sure. Hope everything goes well Bruce!! -tl

3. Bruce1962

Bruce1962 New Member

My tank is cycled

Hooray! My nitrite reading this morning was ZERO. My tank has finally cycled. I'm going to see about returning the Chinese Algea Eaters and stocking a couple more Roseys and another Cory...then add the Angel Fish that Mike (my 5 year old son) wants. I'm also going to go in the direction of the HOB Filter. Thanks everyone for your help and support!

Bruce

4. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :y_the_best:

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Congrats! Just watch for a mini cycle when you add more fish. But if you remove the CAE's at the same time you add the new fish, you probably won't even see a mini cycle.

-Chelle