1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Next horse in the search..

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by someday, Mar 22, 2005.

1. someday

someday New Member

Ok, here he is, this is Hancocks Skipin Clu, aka Oliver. He's a 2 year old ApHC colt. Looks like a real sweetie. Just been started under saddle. He's a stud, but I'd geld him. Here's a bunch of pics the owner sent me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/img]

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oh My what a cutie!!! Are those recent pics? Size??? I might have missed it I'll go back and check quick...if I have sorry...if not post it LOL...

Why'd they keep him a stud so long? Just curious? You planning on doing Jumping with him? He looks like he's built similar to my guy...so I bet he'd be pretty good at it... could make a VERY good kids pony jumper if he has the movement for it! He looks definately cute and that alone would about have me sold...LOL

Do tell how it goes in your search...

3. someday

someday New Member

Isn't he just the cutest little thing? The pics are 2 weeks old and he was 14.2, he's grown an inch since the pics! So, he's certainly not done growing...they say they have a full brother and he was a late bloomer as well, and grew to be a good size, so..not going to be 16 hh or anything, but he should mature to over pony size..hehe
    I don't know why he hasn't been gelded yet, I don't think he's stallion material, but who knows, so people are barn blind..they may have thought he was gonna turn out really well.

4. seaecho

seaecho New Member

I wonder why my post disappeared???

5. someday

someday New Member

I dunno...repost..I didn't see it.

6. Sara

Sara New Member

I'm hoping Jack's shoulder will catch up with his hip...right now he's a TAD down hill and his butt is a good 15 hh SOLID but his shoulder will need to reach at that... For Hunter/Jumpers pony stops at 14.3 oddly enough... AND they're in high demand for resale value... I'm half hoping he stays under 15 and can be pony but...there's that stigma...

Well he for sure is cute and worth a SERIOUS hard look! I'd definately look at him seriously!!!

7. someday

someday New Member

I'm going to see him friday!! I'm so excited! Yeah, I'm not to concerned about the size...he'll be easy to sell if he's a pony or a small horse. People are always looking for small horses that are sane to put their kids on..This guy certainly looks like he's going to turn out to be sane.

8. Sara

Sara New Member

He is App. though so he might be stubborn (good chance) but he looks really like he has a good temp etc...

9. seaecho

seaecho New Member

I posted a critique on him. It may be just the pictures, but his pasterns look awfully long to me, and that could cause soundness problems in the future. He sure does have a kind eye, and a cute little head, though. Looks like they haven't been working him much at all - not much muscling to his hindquarters. Looks like he might have real potential, though. And I agree - being an appy he could be on the stubborn side, although his ears and face don't show it. Looks like he has a super sweet expression.

10. horse_child

horse_child New Member

wow! what a little cutie! boy he is short isn't he? and riding him bareback like that at 2 years old, looks like a great buy to me!

11. Sara

Sara New Member

His eye looks the same as my Jack's and he's one kind fellow...stubborn but wouldn't hurt a flea... He's reared out of fear and to get away but the WHOLE time carefully keeping me in his sights so he knew he wasn't going to cause harm... He's carefull and sweet... Doesn't smush and at feeding time he's all ears...LOL...not pinned back and he'll try sneaking a bite but never steps on me for one...

I really think you ought to seriously look into this one... DEFINATELY I think he has potential (he/she?...LOL)

12. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the photos, but he seems a little narrow, fore and aft, even for a two year old. Especially in front. That could resolve though, once his chest drops. I'd watch his movement carefully for paddling or feet going 'easty westy' on the move.

He does have a pretty nice layback in the shoulders. Maybe a teeny bit straight in the stifle though, but that could easily be the pics. But looking at the pic of his rear, his muscles on the outside of the leg look more developed than the ones inside, which could indicate a stifle problem. It could also just be the pic, or just an overall lack of condition.

His head is cute, but the muzzle lacks refinement. That lower lip makes him appear undershot. I'd check his teeth to be sure it's just a lazy lower lip and not a jaw problem.

13. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Another thing is his pasterns are a little long and are at a steeper angle than most (could just be the pics) so you prolly couldn't use him to jump. Just another observation :wink:

14. someday

someday New Member

Ok, I went and saw Oliver friday. What a cute horse! I considering buying him now. I thought it over for a few days and his temperment is his selling point. He's just got a rock solid personality. I just am going to try to get her to drop the price a bit because I really don't think he's worth what she wants due to the market being pretty low right now. He looks a lot better in person than he did in those pics, and is a late developer, you can tell looking at him he's got a lot left to grow, and she brought his 4 year old full brother along and he's a nice looking horse. He does toe out a bit, but it really doesn't affect his movement terribly. He's not perfectly straight, but it's not going to affect what I'm using him for much. Ok, so anyways, he's a stud..his brother is still a stud, and we met in a place those horses had never been. Oliver had only gone somewhere is the trailer once before, and it was to the vet earlier in the week to get his Coggins and vet check. They both unloaded and just stood there like...ok..what's next? No nervousness, it's like they'd been there a million times. I rode the horse bareback because the girth didn't fit him because he's so darned narrow, and I though it'd be safer than having a saddle around his belly. He was fine, stood perfectly still while I mounted and walked and trotted and turned no problem. She hasn't been loping him, so I didn't do it. He's only been ridden a couple of times, that would explain the lack of muscling. He only spooked once, and it wasn't even a spook. He apparently hadn't seen the tractor in the corner of the arena that was behind a fence the first couple of times we went by it, but I chaged direction and you could see it better at the angle I came towards it and he just stopped and stood still with his little ears pointing at it and looked like "whoa! where's that come from!" and she said, oh...he's probably never seena tractor...so I just asked him to go on by it, and he dropped his head and did, like..."alright...if you say it's ok." Then as I was finishing up, a load of bucking bulls came in on a trailer ans parked to unload right outside the arena...so I hopped off and we went to leave and he just walked by the mooing trailer like.."hmm..cows", his brother was a little nervous, but not Oliver. Then they let the bulls go in the arena, and again, just looked at them with some interest, but stood quietly. Very impressed, so...as you can see...I kinda want this horse.

15. someday

someday New Member

Here's his pretty little head
    [​IMG]

Me and Ollie
    [​IMG]

Standing by trailer
    [​IMG]

Owner riding
    [​IMG]

me riding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's his full brother
    [​IMG]

16. Sara

Sara New Member

His full brother lacks some hip...could be that he's young...

AND in a couple of those pics Ollie looks like he's going to be getting at least a couple more inches taller... DEFINATELY a cutie...soft expression for an appy and everything...

What's his breeding? Just curious.

17. someday

someday New Member

his pedigree isn't bad.

Conclusive

Conclusive Exclusive

Sire:Gotta Be Exlusive

Skipsters Lad

Bea Skipster

Tee Jay Easter Bee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wapiti

Ha Dar Honey

Cuadroon

Dam:Hy Dar Gitty

Osage Cowboy

ToTo Brown

18. someday

someday New Member

ok...that didn't work...but I'm late...i'll fix it later....but if you can figure out where everything is supposed to go, there it is...lol

19. Sara

Sara New Member

LOL no biggy just the names of some of them are fine...LOL... Not bad though...

20. someday

someday New Member

ok..this is better..a little, just ignore the lines..It woun't let me leave space. But anyways, the ultimate question...how much would you pay for this horse on the current market?

_______________________Conclusive

_________Conclusive Exclusive

Sire:Gotta Be Exlusive

_____________________Skipsters Lad

__________Bea Skipster

_____________________Tee Jay Easter Bee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

______________________Wapiti

____________Ha Dar Honey

______________________Cuadroon

Dam:Hy Dar Gitty

____________Osage Cowboy

______________________ToTo Brown