1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Next horse in the search..

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by someday, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

He's a gelding right? Even as stud...Hmmm... I think $1500 might be the most depending on the training... THAT would be the MOST I'd pay for him depending on a lot...temp. , training, etc... AS is (forgot age too keep that in mind) for a not so broke fellow I'd pay $800...same as I paid for the Jack man...and I honeslty feel a bit like I got a good deal on him...

2. someday

someday New Member

ok...lol..now I feel guilty trying to bring him down. She had him listed as $600, but I told her she'd need to geld him on her place and I'd pay for it, and she's going to get the rest on his shots for the season. So that went up to $750 and I'm trying to bring her down a bit. So you think with a little training he could go for over $1000? hmm....thinking about how much money I might lose in this deal...lol

3. Sara

Sara New Member

I think green and as young as he is...$600 isn't a bad price to ask for him...and gelded for sure!!! $750 is fair... BUT like I said depending on his movement and size and all that jazz...he could go for a good chunk if you have him done right... NOW I'm thinking along the lines of a hunter/Jumper pony because of his size...he may get to be 16 hands but until then...I'd NOT assume much over $1000 and that's kind of a lot... NOW to me most of the price of a horse when you get to over $800 or so...is in the training... so depending on how he's trained and WHAT he'd be good for...

HUGE demand for hunter/jumper ponies and if you could keep this guy in that class... you could do an Easy $1000 with the right kind of training and horse in general... a LOT depends on temperment and ability as well... He's a bit narrow I agree so that's GOT to be taken into consideration... He MIGHT grow into that but he might not... ALSO if he's got the conformation of his full brother once he's older...you'll kiss that $1000 goodbye I'm thinking... WAY too light in the rear on that fellow I'm sure it's nearly impossible to get that fellow OFF the forehand...

Anyway...this is all based on what I've seen lately...he's not grade so that's helpfull and he LOOKS like he can do a fair bit of work either directions (English or Western)... A LOT depends on how he matures physically and how he'll be trained and who'll be riding him... It's possible to get some good $$ off of him...but possible to lose some too depending... $650 is not off base though, I don't think... I'm not authority on it though, by any means.

4. someday

someday New Member

Ok, I decided to buy Oliver and I got him for $500!
    yay! I'm excited now!

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Congrats! :eek: :eek:

6. Sara

Sara New Member

CONGRATS and a GREAT price for him too!!!