1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Not a kitten anymore

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by footsie, May 26, 2004.

1. footsie

footsie New Member

:eek: Today is Footsie's first birthday! :eek:
    :0018:
    I'm going to pick up at toy or something for him on my way home tonight. Any suggestions? I wonder if this means he'll settle down sometime soon. Or stop growing! I realized a couple days ago that he seems to have "grown into" his paws and looks all balanced out now. How sad.

In other news, he let me zoom him for more than a minute last night. :y_the_best: I'm discovering that he seems to like his back zoomed, but when it gets toward his sides he snaps at it.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Happy Birthday Footsie

3. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

cat toy

Raymond just loves this thing. Happy birthday to footsie! :eek:

[​IMG]

4. nern

nern New Member

Happy Birthday Footsie!

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Happy first birthday, Footsie!

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Happy Birthday Footsie! Handsome always really enjoyed cardboard boxes. I would buy him all kinds of toys, but he just really liked those cardboard boxes. I would cut out little windows and sprinkle the inside with catnip. He would play in there for hours.

7. footsie

footsie New Member

I ended up getting him both the toy that Deb suggested and a cat track (one of those circle things with the ball inside). As far as I could tell he loves them both. The cat track kept him entertained for so long last night! I think it satisfies whatever instict it is that makes him hide his mice under the fridge and then try to retrieve them! The other great thing was that both the toys were a lot cheaper than I expected. I also got him a couple packs of mice and will be tossing out the existing ones as they're falling apart, and a catnip toy. The mice cost more than the cat track and the swatty thing combined. :D

He also got a half a peice of turky lunch meat with his dinner. He was one happy kitty yesterday with all the new toys. And thankfully he let me sleep when I wanted to becuase he was active all evening. :eek:

8. dolly

dolly New Member

Happy birthday, Footsie! :0018:

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

careful with the packaged lunch meats!!! They have alot of nitrates and msg's in them that are bad for animals!

HAPPY B-Day little guy!!!

my moms cats always seemed to enjoy an empty paper sac or box over toys as well.

10. vene

vene New Member

Happy 1st B-day Footsie! :eek:

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

It sounds like Footsie had a pretty super birthday! I forgot to add that cats also enjoy laser pointers and a wadded up piece of 8X10 paper. They can swat those paper balls all over the house.

p.s. Do you have any new pics of Footsie? The last one I saw (besides your avatar) was in the 'lounging posts,' by Halaroo. You were so happy because you were able to take a pic of him lounging.

12. footsie

footsie New Member

Chess, thanks for asking for a pic. Any excuse to show him off!

Here he is with his birthday gift.

[​IMG]

I couldn't get him to pose with the swatty thing. But he did play with it.

PS. He's so spoiled. We already have the laser pointer and pleanty of boxes, paper bags and wadded up paper! Last night he was hiding in a paper bag in order to sneak up on the the track ball.

13. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lol. Wow! You got a 2 for 1 in that pic. He's lounging and playing! :eek: He seems very happy in this picture. What a cutie. Thanks for posting his pic.

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

happy belated birthday footsie...from lynn and max. :lol: :p :y_the_best: sorry...just saw the post this morning. and that picture is adorable. what a little cutie. can see why you spoil him.