1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

NOT ANOTHER STINKING HURRICANE!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by sphynxluver, Sep 2, 2004.

1. sphynxluver

sphynxluver New Member

Okay ladies.. just watched part of the news conference, and they have closed schools on Friday, and they are already starting to evacuate. They say that this one is twice as big as the one that hit here 3 weeks ago.

I don't know how much more I can handle!! The last storm made my bald babies a nervous mess. This time around I am a nervous wreck!

I live in central Florida, and they say it is headed for us. Its times like these that I wish I could tap my heels together and repeat.. "Theres no place like home" then I woul be back in Kansas City Mo.

Oh, but then again, there are those tricky tornadoes up there!!

We are going to try to stick it out at home again. Wish us luck. I will not go to a shelter and leave my kitties and bullie behind to take care of themselves! Just in case any of you were wondering why I would do such a thing as stay at home during one of these monsters!

2. Rene

Rene New Member

i wish you the best of luck I hope you and your bald babies lol stay safe and i dont blame you i would not leave my babies behind either. Over on the all dogs forum people have posted links to see where it is right now

I will be praying for you that it miss's you

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I hope you and your family and your kitties will be okay sphynxluver. I know hurricanes are scary.

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i know what u mean i live in fort myers not to far from u well almost alva but im still trying to decide weather im leaving or not... my mom and dad r staying home no matter what but i think me my son and 4 cats 1 dog and 6 birds r gonna go to north florida on the panhandle..... i dont think i can handle another one also its driving me insane not knowing where its gonna hit exactly what time etc... where im going to is 11 hours away and i still have to pack up animals me and a kid maybe even my nephews soo thats 3 kids all together man..... im just scared by the time i am able to even leave it will be to late.....

5. Jenn

Jenn New Member

I hope you all are safe, it does look bad. I really hated to see how this one is likely to hit and how hard. Good luck!

6. vene

vene New Member

Lots of prayers and well wishes to all who have to endure Mother Nature's wrath. Hope you and all your babies are safe and sound through it all.
    :love_y_t_much:

7. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

well so far i think me my nephews my son and animals r all going up north tomarrow..."sniff sniff" :cry: i hate to leave just to think my house might not be here when i get back and my parents and brother and sister in law r all staying behind... but someone has to get the kids outta state and they all chose me soooo....i made plans w/ my aunt 4 us all to go stay w/ her and she said my animals r welcome sooo...but then the ? is after the storm has passed my neck of the woods if its commin 4 her town.... well have to pack up and go father north or somthing....its really scary....this one is scaring me worse then charley did but then again i really didnt know what to expect w/ charley and seeing the damage it did im terrified w/ this one thats why im heading north....my poor animals r going though hell especially chyanne getting attacked by dogs right b4 the last hurricane then having to be caged up all day that day in a weird place now packing them all up again and being in a car 4 about 11 hours and then being in another weird place....man....do they make stess reliever 4 cats?????lol over the counter?????lol they r gonna need it....crap so will i and my poor nephews having to leave their mom and dad and grandparents wow...crazy my oldest nephew is 10 and theother ones 8 and my sons 4 soooo.....

8. sphynxluver

sphynxluver New Member

We are watching this thing VERY closely. Unfortunately, it shows it hitting us head on! My job is closing down tomorrow to give us an opportunity to get our homes boarded up.

We have decided to stick it out at home. I just couldn't live with myself if I left my pet kids behind and something happened to them. Since I have no where to go that I would be able to take them with me, we are going to sit it out at home.

My husband is boarding up our house as I type this. He has his own construction company, so he is taking a few days off to get our home prepared for this monster.

Any of you out there that are in this part of the country, take care and be safe. I will be onthe puter for as long as I can!

HERE WE GO AGAIN......

9. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Good luck sphynxlover. your in my prayers!

10. Ginger

Ginger New Member

I can't even begin to think your going through!
    I wish you lots of luck
    sphynxluver- I would have to stay with my babies if I were in that situation too, but I still admire your bravery :y_the_best:

11. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Keep us posted on how things go, sphynxluver. My prayers are with you and your family.

My daughter's cruise came back a day early to Miama and fortunately, she was able to get a flight out of Miama today. She doesn't know how, because she said all the airlines were booked (she even booked a rental car to leave the area but cancelled it) but somehow they found seats for her. That was a relief for me.

12. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

im still debating on leaving... if i do leave i have till bout 11 tonight at the latest to leave... but one min we hear its gonna come past us the next its not soooo i have no clue and thats what is bugging me not knowing exactly whats going on... has anyone heard anything about the alva fort myers area???i hear everywhere else except us.....

13. misssmurf26

misssmurf26 New Member

ever listen to 105.5? this morning they had the weather man from fox4 and he said that we will be getting the winds and rain but that he didnt think we would get the brunt of it. we may get the flooding and such but because its so big that we could be effect by it. in other words, no one knows LOL we are staing here. (I live in Ft Myers too)

14. nern

nern New Member

Best wishes to you Sphynxlover and FMgurl. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this and hope you are your families are safe.

15. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yea i listen to 105.5 all the time but i havent been in the car at all today sooo....i just watched the news though and hopefully it dont change the way they r thinking its gonna go but like u said who knows..... i made up my mind im gonna stay there is no way im gonan try to travel in all thsi traffic i would neevr make it to north florida...lol i would get so mad i woudl turn around....and not only that my luck id go to leave i have a full tank now but get half way and there would be no gas... i have a civicsoo it does pretty good on gas but im not risking it....

16. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

i wish u guys luck... and be safe!

we never get hurricanes in nova scotia, EXCEPT for that NASTY crap with juan that hit last year.... it freaked us all out. And it was so bad they took Juan off the list of names for hurricans. It totally devistated Halifax and our parks.

U have all my (and my babies) wishes.

17. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

well i think it might miss us in fort myers but we will still get high winds etc... but the thing we r the most worried about is the tornados thats what my neighboorhood got hit by last time... but it also has went from a catogory 4 to a 2 soo thats good.... and it kinda looks like its falling apart....we havnt really had any kinda rain all day i think it rained 2 times today and it was just a lil bit not hard or anything soooo.... but tomarrow miight be different....

18. sphynxluver

sphynxluver New Member

I just watched the latest news update, and they are telling us to prepare for wind gusts up to 115mph, with sustained winds @ 75-90mph. The thing that really troubles me right now is the flooding.... They are saying that the county that I live in could get 20 inches of rain dropped on us, and there are no more sand bags!!!! We went and picked some up yesterday, and they would only give us 15 of them. Went back today to ty and get some more and noone had any!!!

The flooding here is going to be severe! The winds are statring to pick up where I am, but we have boarded up and are staying safely inside our home at this point!

Take care any of you that is in this monsters path!!

I hope to chat with all of you VERY soon!!

19. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Take care, everyone in the Florida area. We up north will be keeping a watch on the progression of the hurricane. Many people I know in my area know someone who lives in Florida. Some have evacuated. Some have not.

Be safe everyone!

20. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yea we r expecting the flooding to.... it hasnt really rained all day it rained from like 6 am till 11 am then it stopped and the ppl across the street from me their yard is almost flooded already and it usually drains pretty quick into the river but its still flooded as of now which is 10 pm by themorning it will be up to their front door.... my ditches r almost full tooo and it is maybe 5 inches from the road and maybe 6 feet away from my front door.... we to have our windows boarded up and the winds kickin it now but still no rain yet but we r under tornados watch.. man i hate those things!!!!!!the hurricane winds r down to 105 i think they said and is moving 5mph... i wish that stupid thing woudl putit in gear and go across us and hurry up and get over w/ this is toture... my cats can sense somethings going on they normally try to get out ther door and they just sit around and sleep simba (the stubbon one) decided he was gonna sneek out today when it wasnt raining and he was walking along the wooden fence we have around our pool sshowin off to the other cats like ha ha ha im outside and ur not type deal and a gust of wind came though as i was chasing his white butt along the fence and he just stopped and fluffed all his fur up w/ back arched and tail up and claws dug into the wood he reminded me of the halloween black cats except hes white...lol needless to say he let me catch him and take him inside after that and havent atempted to try and get out again chyanne is dashing all along the house she has no clue where she wants to lay/hide shes a nervous reck garfeild and sassy just want attention... but chyanne is the only one that would eat dinner tonight....but they hate it now they cant look out the windows cause they r all boarded up sassy has gotten a lil attitude to where she sits at the boarded up window fliking her tail and chatting like she is watching a bird kinda thing and u go to touch her and she growls at u like shes gonna eat u alive.... shes such a brat!!!!!!! ohhh did i meantion they hate having their collors on w/ their tags...lol they keep pawing them trying to get them off even the dog.... and they r really gonna hate it when tonight b4 i go to bed they get locked in my room incase we get flooded and have to leave i dont have to go looking all over the house to pack them all up and leave...lol :roll: