1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Oh my poor Patches girl

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Dec 20, 2008.

1. vene

vene New Member

Great news that she's eating, happier, has no lymphoma, and putting back some weight. :eek:

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so glad that Patches is improving.

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well she is still eating really well and looks good. I think she has a little cold though she started sneezing yesterday. I hope that this passes soon or I'll have to take her to the vet again. Wonder when her hair will grow back on her belly and sides poor thing.

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well she is still sneezing poor thing is there anything I can do for her? it is not stuffed up or I would do the saline thing...(although I've never had to do that one). I keep hoping that it clears up her vet comes in on weds-sat and would really like her to see her If I need to take her in.

5. vene

vene New Member

Is Patches feeling any better?

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Vene,
    Well I broke down and called her vet yesterday about her sneezing, well since she is now on steroids that suppress her immune system for her inflammatory bowel disease issue. She has always been prone to getting respiratory infections...... she (the vet) said that she was not surprised that she has gotten a little cold. She started her on L-lysine paste (amino acid) 2 times a day since the fluid is clear. If her snot was thick or colored she would then go on antibiotics. The vet said if I could find pills small enough like 250-300ml I could give her them up to 500 ml a day but the smallest I could find was 500 ml and they were horse pills not a chance!!! The paste is great and easy!!! And she can be on it long term or when ever she acts ill, it is just to boost her immune system.
    So I picked that up tonight and she has had her first dose this evening. She is still sneezing and tends to sleep right next to my face....... yea that's nice waking up to a face full of wetness..... :shock: She does go back to the vet on Sat for a check up for her IBD to see if she is indeed gaining weight and an overall checkup since on steroids.
    Thank you for your concern.

7. vene

vene New Member

How was her appointment? The paste stuff is so much easier to use. Is her nose still running? Poor Patches baby. Hope her weight went up.

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well Patches appointment went well. She weighs 8 pounds now and her belly feels more supple so the steroids are working. We go back in another 2 weeks to check again her weight. If she is still gaining weight but slowly they may up her steroids. She still is sneezing a bit but is much better. The vet gave her a B12 shot and a appetite stimulant because she could not smell to eat so I was syringe feeding for a few days. She is eating now on her own.
    The thing about respiratory infections is.......very contagious........Chopper now has it poor guy sneezing all over the place. So everyone in the house is on L-lysine. Harley is so far the only one who doesn't have it..... for now that is.......
    So needless to say sleeping with sneezing kitties around my face is well interesting I turn my head in my sleep to avoid the spray.....

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I hope the steroids do their thing! And :lol: at the sneeze spray! (poor kitties though...)

10. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

So far so good with the steroids and Patches I hope that we don't have to up the dose but we'll see in a week and a half on her weight. She is doing better with the respiratory infection still sneezing a bit but not bad.
    Chopper is the one really sneezing now he had a fit of 16 in a row today!!! poor guy. :cry: I hope that he gets over it quickly since he is young and overall healthy.