1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ohhh...The poor Christmas tree...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by fridaylove, Nov 25, 2004.

1. vene

vene New Member

Just put the Christmas tree up today and no one was interested in it. Notice Rene on the couch snoozing away and my toddler is too busy eating the gingerbread house that our neighbor's 4 year old son kindly gave him. :shock:

[​IMG]

Well, at least the ornaments and lights will be safe this year. :mrgreen:

2. nern

nern New Member

What an adorable picture vene! :wink:

3. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Vene, that's such a cute pic! I bet he just loves that gingerbread house!

Booger has the tree bug definitely. I've pretty much broke her from batting at the few orniments I have up (I'm far from done decorating it) using the water bottle spray. But she insists on lying under it and chewing on the lower branches. She also stands on her hind feet and support herself on the lower branches pulling them out of sorts/order. She keeps messing up the tree skirt too. I'm hoping that when I get more pressies wrapped and placed on the tree skirt will prevent her from messing them up.

Here's a pic of her just waking from a nap about an hour ago...

[​IMG]

4. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

i luv this thread..im still not sure if i will be doing my tree this year..w/ Jazz being 5..she gives me no probs w/ the tree..she did have a phase where she chewed the cords on the lights..but now w/ the 2 little boys in the house i dont know how they are gonna react..so i may try it next weekend..and just see how they do..

5. Bente

Bente New Member

Great pictures Cassie and Vene :eek:

6. vene

vene New Member

Thank you everyone. Booger looks so cute! I think she claimed the tree and the prezzies as hers. LOL's. We didn't put up many ornaments especially the fragile and shinning ones knowing that the little ones may seek and destroy them. :mrgreen:

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Your son is adorable, vene!

The decorations have been up for 2 days at my house, and Moe has already broken 2 ornaments. :( Of course, I was not present for either 2 breakages, so there's no way of proving her guilt. Last year I had carpet, so the ornaments never used to break when they got knocked off. Oh well. Can't wait for Artemis to get out of quarantine and wreak havoc on my pretty house!

8. vene

vene New Member

:shock: :p :mrgreen:

9. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

probably no tree here either...

I'm still finding purple balls from 3 years ago. I give up. And I'm afraid the bad kitty will chew on something and hurt himself.

10. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

None of our cats mess with the tree at all. But a few years back we had these two tabby kittens who practically lived in our christmas tree lol.

11. vene

vene New Member

I spoke too soon. Rene is acting exactly like Booger biting and staking the tree territory as hers. :shock: Poor Pumpkin got bullied and we had to yell at Rene. :roll: Kids! :roll: :mrgreen:

12. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Yeah, I'm still having a time of it with Booger and the tree. Now she's acting like she wants to climb up inside it. I just know that sooner or later I'm going to turn around and see Booger's face sticking out between the branches half way up the tree. She's just so fascinated with it that I have to get right up on her with the water bottle before she'll duck and run away. Usually, all I have to do is just pick up the bottle and she's off and running.

13. Breezay

Breezay New Member

Dusty's first Christmas (about 3 years ago) was a fun one for all the family. he helped us put the tree up by climbing into the boxes and not allowing anyone to unpack the tree...
    he helped us put the tree together by walking off with parts of it in his mouth and hiding them...
    he even helped us decorate it! i had to go out and buy new tinsel.. he had fun with that!
    and he even helped us take the tree down problem was, it was days before christmas and no one else seemed to know the tree was supposed to be coming down until we got home from work/college to find the tree on the floor and Dusty (who was playing with the decorations) looked up as if to say "i didnt do it!" :mrgreen:
    Bless him, christmas is always fun for him... Luckily as he has got older the tree hasn't bothered him at all, last year he was great. he does love to sleep under it though... must be lovely and warm under there!
    all of the pictures that have been posted are all so cute!
    Love Breez.x.

14. Bente

Bente New Member

Lol's Breez! I can picture it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see more christmas pictures! Keep them coming :y_the_best:

15. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Cassie, Booger is in the exact same place that Luna likes to lay too. When she hangs out under the tree like that, I call her the little xmas elf.

Breezay, thanks for the biggest laught I've had all day! Hilarious stuff! This year, Luna "helped" us a lot too, particularly when she noticed a pile of garland and discovered how much fun it was to lay on and then attack! It was clear that the garland, or what was left of it, was going to have to wait 'til the next day. That's my gal!

16. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

I should move my "Defiant Kitty" post to here, although it sounds like the rest of you have perfectly well behaved little angels that are curious but not down right defiant about the tree!!!
    Actually, Hunter is like that for most things. He is the strangest cat I've ever come across...

17. halaroo

halaroo New Member

:( Well I had to move all the decorations up on the tree so Artemis would quit playing with them. Now my tree looks all stupid and lopsided. Joys of having a kitten!

18. vene

vene New Member

Dont' feel too bad Halaroo. My tree looks the same way with 4 cats and 1 toddler rotating their guard on the tree. :shock:

19. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Ok, now that I have the tree mostly decorated, it's official that Booger is a tree nut. I just can't seem to stop her from batting the orniments off and playing with them. Hubby say's that when we get all the pressies under the tree, she'll stop. Doesn't he realise that the pressie boxes will just serve as a stepladder for her to get higher into the tree? LOL

20. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

BUSTED! Caught in the act!

[​IMG]