1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ok i have to tell my stress story

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Jasmine is getting a really bad habit i hope it stops soon she crys and crys at 4 or 5 am she doesnt want to go out when i get up she rolls over so i can rub her belly then i put her back in my bed with me we snuggle then my stupid alarm goes off at 530 :shock: she has been doing this for the past 3 days i hope she stops soon cuz i'm going to need all the rest i can get in appox. 10 days then the babies will keep me up i'm a very light sleeper if they make a noise i will probley have to get up and look

Rene

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I didn't sleep well for at least a month after we got Nala. Her crate was next to my bed, and any tag-jingle or toenail-click woke me up and I'd have to peer into the crate to see if I thought she had to go potty. Man, I was tired.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

i'm sure and i'm thinking that little puppies are going to make noise so that will keep me up i'm going to be a zombie for awhile.

4. Jas

Jas New Member

Good luck, sounds like you are becoming nicely prepared. I just love yorkies my friend has two who are very sweet!

I must say I would avoid at all costs worming and giving rabies to a pregnant female at anytime. Giving a mom anything toxic like that could be very dangerous. You can worm them all later.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need a "hand" during whelp. Sometimes there is a lot of waiting around and if you're nervous - it helps to talk.

Cheers :)
    Jas

5. Rene

Rene New Member

Thank Jas i might take you up on that and pm you i am a bit nervious and excited only approx. 10 days left :lol: and i did speak to the vet and she said not to use frontline or interceptor this far along the packages say it's ok but better to be safe then sorry.

she also told me to go shopping or go in the other room and watch tv :shock: she said if i sit in the room with her she could stop pushing i dont think i could stand to not be there just to make sure they aren't backwards or anything

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

The vet told you to go shoping!!! WHile she gives birth to her first litter!!! No way!!! Thats dangerous! She could have a puppy stuck and you'd never know!

I don't take alot of that crap. I was there when my dogs whelped, and none stoped pushing! Just make sure you don't touch her or talk much to her to distract her if she's doing fine on her own. Only intercept the process if there are obvious problems.

Towards the end of CHars gestation period she got VERY cuddly, and needy. She would wake us up numerous times at night to be petted or to have a shirt put on her or rub her tummy. It about drove us CRAZY!!!! But she got everything she wanted to keep her calm and satisfied.

I imagine Jasmine knows something is changing and she's looking for your support and comfort to know that her "mommy" is there with her.

Rubbing the tummy might also indicate that she's trying to move them around. I know when mares are getting ready to foal, shey will lay down and roll and rub their tummy's on the ground to help get the baby positioned and moved down. Char would often times during the last few days lay out flat on her tummy with her legs behind her and "scoot" her tummy on the floor. I of course though it was strange and took her to the vet to make sure everything was ok, and he said she was just "moving" the puppies.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Ummm. Photos of your chunky little Yorkie? Please? Does she look like she ate a cantaloupe? :m7:

8. Rene

Rene New Member

well at least she only woke me up once last night (she cant jump on my bed anymore) so picked her up and we snuggled and i fell back to sleep with my hand on her tummy and i could feel them moving it was so cool. I tried to post some pictures last night but i guess photobucket was down or something she doesnt look to fat last time i had her at the vet she had only gained 1.5 lbs I'm trying to get some pictures of her laying on her back cuz that really is the only way you can tell. My mom says that all day jasmine will go in her room and cry till mom puts her on her bed then mom will say oh baby whats the matter and jasmine will roll over so mom can rub her belly lol

I would think that this next week jasmine will very uncomfortable since she is due next sunday 9/12 i think there will be way more belly rubbing in my future.

she did get in her bed all by her self last night and dug around a little i was very happy to see that.

9. Hi Renee,
    Congradulations on becoming a Grandma soon! You sound like you have all the basis covered, and just a little nervous {very natural} I was a mess! as most here will remember. I'm sure you'll do fine. The problem I forsee is: GIVING THEM UP! that was the hardest part of all...

You have a great deal of support here, from some very fine folks, and I know you are grateful as I was.

I'm very sorry to hear about all the crap you have had to deal with, with your family. That can be a hard pill to swallow at times, I know. Too bad your Mom isn't able to see Your needs, like she is your sister's. After all! YOU are the one that took her in.

Hope things get better soon for you! And we are here, if you need to vent.

Sincerely, Susan

10. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks susan and i do remember you little babies I do beleive i will have a real hard time giving them up (my son is already asking can we keep just one) i already have 2 older cats 2 kittens and the 2 yorkies i really cant have anymore lol but we will love them to death as long as we have them. I think it will be fun but the potty training uggh again that was so hard for me.

11. Rene

Rene New Member

here is Jasmine before [​IMG][​IMG]

and here is Sebastain [​IMG][​IMG]

12. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Jasmine and Sebastain are so cute. Congratulations on the new puppies in advance. Hopefully everything will go smooth. Can't wait to see pics of the teeny tiny pups! :lol:

13. nern

nern New Member

I guess I somehow must have missed this thread. :?

Good luck with the puppies Rene. Looking forward to pictures of them.

14. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hey Rene, sorry I have been off a week and just got back on. Congradulations and I am sure everything will be fine. Best of luck to you and your baby and future grandbabies. WE are all here if you need us and all we ask in return is PICTURES!!! HEHE

Jill

15. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks guys i'm dying she is not acting any different at all and she only has 6 days left. towards the end of the week i think i'm going to go crazy. I just cant wait i want to see these little babies. My poor jasmine her boobs are so big she has to stand bow legged lol but she still seems like the same dog. I just cant wait now that it is getting close.

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I, too, missed this whole thread... :roll: . I knew about the puppies coming (from the other board) but not all the other stuff... yipes. I am so sorry to hear about the tough times you have been going through. When it rains, it pours, eh?.......

Looks like Sams gave you lots of great advice. You better tattoo her phone number on the back of your hand for the middle of the night! :) hehe :shock:

17. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

speaking of midnight/morning calls...I got one the other night and had to go pull a calf!! Ugh....
    Wouldn't have been so bad if the darn cow was half way cooperating!!! I ended up pulling the baby half naked! I had to take off my teeshirt and slip it over her head to blind fold her to keep her from trying to kill us. (Blind folding has a natural calming effect in cattle, if they can't see, they wont' move! ) and she was sooo tired she just wouldn't push. The calf was crooked, so In I had to go!!!! YUCK... one leg was forward and out along with its nose, but the other front leg was bent at the knee and kept it from progressing any further through the birth canal...It was very time crucial the nose was already blueing and the tounge was swelling...

After 3 long hours we successfully saved the little bull calf and momma!!!

Then I went home, took a hot shower, climbed in bed and before my feet were under the sheets, the phone rang again!!!!!
    Sooo out for anther round!

I'm not a certified or qualified veterinarian, just from my own experiances. I can do this. I don't reccomend anyone assisting in the birth of anything unless its obviously life threatening and in need of assistance. ALso the vet should ALWAYS be called before hand!

18. Rene

Rene New Member

oh Sams good for you i dont know how you do it but you saved yet 2 more lives :lol: