1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OK, if anyone remembers me....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge's Mom, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Oooo, I love Keeshonds! There is a rescue not too far from us...

2. Sarge's Mom

Sarge's Mom New Member

Winni Poo- That's strange that you brought up the Keeshond. I just recently did a little reading up on them because I met one at the park who was an absolute doll baby and just beautiful! I had grown up under the impression that they were not really meant to be around kids, not really very social dogs. Which I now know is the complete opposite of how they are!

Jamiya- dogs pick us for sure! I want everything you named EXCEPT the jogging!!!! Yuck! I just realized that I may be comparing that feeling I had with Sarge to a new dog and of course I can't do that.

Love-Da-Pits- Place that bet, I think it's a sure thing!!!

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It's true you will never feel exactly the same about a new dog as you did about Sarge, and a new dog won't EVER be just like Sarge, either. But think about how it is with your kids. When you only had one kid and were pregnant with the second, didn't it seem like you could never love another child as much as you did the first one? But of course you do!

4. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Would you like her? She is awsome with kids, cats and small dogs. She does not do well with big girls (doggy girls that is):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Hey!! How are you? It's really good to see you! I haven't been on in forever and I was just skimming through and saw your thread. Well I am a little biased but I love bully breeds as you already know. My newest edition...my English Bulldog Winston has gotten huge! He is so much fun though and so sweet and loving! You just gotta be able to get past all the drool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

well Hi to another stanger :) :) Gina, how are our? Winston is so darn cute!

Dogangel, Is that a keeshound? I thought it was a white german shephard

honeybear

7. Sarge's Mom

Sarge's Mom New Member

Dogangel- She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Is she yours?

GINAH!!!! Hi! I love Winston, what face! I know what you mean about the drool, my youngest son plays with a Bully at his friends house, he HATES the drool!

8. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Here's another idea. How about a retired Greyhound. We were considering adopting one when Duke fell into our liives. We visited an adoption center and learned that they are just big sweet couch potatoes. You actually have to sign an agreement that they will be kept inside and always on a leash when out walking.
    I have heard that some that have been raised in crates and just raced have to be trained to negotiate a stair as they have never had that experience. The ones I meet at the dog park are completely sociable. Once at the park I saw a couple sitting under the shade canopy with a Greyhound lying at thier feet. All of a sudden someone threw a ball for a small white Jack Russel terrier to fetch and as the JRT took off that Greyhound's head whipped around at the sight of that little white blur running and in three strides the Greyhound caught up with the JRT and playfully rolled him over. They both then proceeded to play chase with the Greyhound winnind every race of course. Everyone in the area stopped to watch the fun.
    Here is one of the many rescue sites:
    http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/

9. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Honeybears and Sarge's mom - yes, Freija is a White GSD, and yes, she is ours. She got in a fight with my other two girls, and since then I have to crate her, and rotate them to get their playing time. But I HATE to see Fifi crated, when she is such a sweetheart of a baby. She deserves to have the run of the house like she used to before the fighting incident. This is why I say she is NOT GOOD with other girls her size. She is wonderful with children, cats, dogs (only boys if their her size). She is on the petite size for a GSD - she only weighs 64 lbs. She is spayed, up to date on vaccinations, housetrained, crate trained, exquisite house manners. A dream of a dog!!! And I will not charge anything for her adoption, provided it passes the adoption application. :D I just want my Fluff to be happy and well taken care of!!! Transport to the new parents would not be a problem either... Please e-mail me at jirangel@bellsouth.net if you're really interested.

10. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Oh, I forgot to add that she is on monthly flea/heartworms preventatives...

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

dogangel, she is beautiful, I hope you find a good home for her

12. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I'm partial to St. Bernards. They shed, but it is really only bad a few times a year. I have never really had a problem with drool. They love the cold weather but don't do well in heat so you would need a shady place or let them inside. Most are very sweet, loving, have tons of personality, goofy, etc. but they can be quite stubborn. They are hyper as puppies but around 1 1/2 (Indy has finally hit that age!!!!!) they start to calm down and just want to lay around all day - but are more than willing to run around if you want. They are very low maintenance in the exercise department. Negatives: they are BIG. It is very important to socialize/train them young and I would def. recommend getting them fixed early b/c once you have a problem with one, it is a HUGE problem. I've only had one with a "problem" - we waited until he was about 3 to get him fixed and start really training him - his only issue was that he liked to bully other dogs. The rest of mine have all been very docile.

13. Sarge's Mom

Sarge's Mom New Member

SOrry for the delay! Went out of town! My ex-husband I both went through extensive study on Greyhound adoption for about a year. We fell in love with 3 retired racing hounds in our old housing addition. ("Indy" a brindle was my fav!) I kind of forgot about them. The thing is, you have to be fairly careful with Greyhounds and small children and get just the right dog. Maybe I will contact my local Greyhound Adoption chapter for an update, hmm...

Dogangel- Let me talk to my fiance. One things for sure, you know I and my boys love Gsd's so she would be babied and spolied rotten at my house!!!!

14. dogangel

dogangel New Member

I think she would love your boys!!! Sounds good. Just let me know...