1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ok Sams and everyone need your help ASAP

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by 4Dogsihave, Jul 15, 2004.

1. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Honeybears my other dog is a husky. Contrary to most huskys she gets along well with other dogs and could probly use a bigger dog to play with.

I too dont understand why dock a tail and then dump it. Could be and this is just my imagination running wild, but here is the story I have come up with. They were irresponsible breeders, did have her docked at a vet but put a rubber band around her tail at birth as some do and it falls off. Maybe the mother died and they didnt want the hassle of dealing with the pups. But I still wonder what happened to her liter mates. We didnt hear any more puppies in the dump but couldent see to well that time of night. I am just praying she was the only one.

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Sorry one more question and sorry if its stupid. When they do blood work can they tell if the puppy has parvo? I dont see any symptoms in her but was just wondering. BTW forgot to mention she has been quarantined from my dogs, and when we handle her we wash our hands and whatever she has touched has been bleached and sprayed with lysol. We are currently keeping her in a box in our bathtub with towels but will do the water bottle thing tonight.

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

There is a test for parvo but I'm thinking it doesn't always show up positive right away even if they have it. Just be really, really careful. If your husky has been vaccinated and is not a puppy he should be fine anyway, but you can never be too careful in isolating a stray.

Jamiya

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

They can do a test, but as jamiya said, during the incubation period if its early enough, it won't show up.BUt have her tested at least 3 times. The test isn't but ~$15. And well worth it! It will save you BIG time if something does show up!

Just make sure tonight you wake up at least every 3-4 hours to check on her.

And for everyones easement of mind ~ Please none of us here are certified veterinarians. Please consult your vet for any problems you might have. We give advise per our own experiances and education on certain subjects!

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Good luck with that tiny pup dogsiluv. I never knew there was a concoction you can make at home and feed pups that.

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Just wanted to update everyone again. She has eaten twice the first time she threw up the puppy food but kept down the milk. The second time she kept the food down and a WHOLE bottle of milk! I was so proud when my brother told me that. She hasnt had even a half of a bottle so far. She also pooped on her own, another first. So first thing in the morning I will be taking her to the vet. Lets hope her throwing up was due to worms not parvo. I am watching her very closely so I guess I am really paranoid.

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Oh I had no idea the puppy was already 3-4 weeks old. She should do just fine on wet food or moistened dry food. IM glad to hear she seems to be doing well. Yahoo!! IM so glad you are taking the baby in and giving her such love and care.

8. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

:eek: You two did a good thing by digging her out of the dumpster. My bet is you keep her. lol. Glad to hear she's eating and drinking. Good luck to you.

9. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Thanks guys,

Gina sorry I was guessing she was this old and I hope I am right. I will let you guys know as soon as I get back to work tommorrow how old the vet thinks she is.

10. Hi FOURdogsuhave,

Thank Goodness you and that wonderful man heard that poor puppy! What an amazing story, I love happy endings :D i was just wondering, do you live in a small town? this would make a good story for the local paper. And perhaps they could catch the CREEP that did such a horrible thing. Please do keep us posted on how she's doing and good luck with the perfect name for her.

Good luck!

Sincerely, Susan

11. lil96

lil96 New Member

I was thinking also you will have to change your name if you keep her. But I think maybe what happened is that someone, a young person touched this puppy to dock its tail, whether to make it "pretty" or to torture it I don't know but after the mother rejected it they took it to the dumpster.

12. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Great idea susan, about the paper, love the 4dogsuhave

and a name, how about Angel
    honeybear

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hows about Desi, short for Desparato. Being she was in a desparate situation.

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

We had a mouse named Desi, which was a combination of "desert" and "sandy" according to my daughter, who named her when she was about 8 years old.

Jamiya

15. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hey guys,

Susan, I live in a county but we found her about an hour away from home. I might mention it to the local paper! We are still thinking of a name for her and you guys are right if I keep her I will have to change my name as well! We are kinda waiting to see what fits when her little personalaty come out. I think her middle name will be oscar though since it was given to her by her godfather (the deputy that rescued her, he keeps asking how his god dog is doing.)

Anyway took her to the vet today, she is a 5 week old border collie. He said there could be some mix in there but he doesnt see it. She is healthy, was wormed and started her vacciantions. She is eating better and keeping the solid food down. It was funny cause when we walked in a lady there had two border collies and walked right up to me and said what a pretty border collie. She wanted to know who her breeder was, I told her what happened and she was shocked. Anywas she went on as to what good dogs they are and how easy they are train and how intellegent they are. So I still dont know if I am going to keep her but I will be researching the breed. My brother who is staying at my house and taking care of her is absolutly in love with her. They arent allowed to have dogs at my moms house so he is begging me to keep her. I never thought I would see a 15yo boy craddling a puppy and making sure she stays warm and feeding her the bottle! Well let me actually get to work now!

16. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:eek: That is so sweet! Thanks for the update and keep us informed. It's like a little sopa opera! Tune in tomorrow.....

17. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

aww. cute and yes keep us informed!

18. nern

nern New Member

Poor puppy. I'm glad you found her.
    Did the vet say anything about her tail?

19. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Nern, he did say it had been docked but it is healing fine on its own. It is scabed over so I have left it alone and it looks fine to me.