1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Oliver's bachelor pad

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by dolly, May 26, 2004.

1. dolly

dolly New Member

Hi all,

Oliver has moved in to his new bachelor pad and he wanted to share some photos. He has the kittywalk "Kitty's Room" and the penthouse. He looks off the porch to a birdfeeder. The nice thing about these enclosures is that they snap together (sort of like Legos) so that we can keep adding to his digs, assuming we have the money! :wink:

Here is a shot from outside:
    [​IMG]

Here he is on the second floor, taken from inside the house:

[​IMG]

2. jkcalif

jkcalif New Member

outdoor alternative?

so i take it that you use this to let him be outside, but not roam around on his own. does it distress the cat at all? i would like to try putting my cat in there out on our porch...for a different view, perspective, scents, etc.... where did you get them?? thanks!

3. nern

nern New Member

That is a really neat set you've got for him Dolly.

4. dolly

dolly New Member

Thanks, Nern :mrgreen:

Jkcalif, yes, this allows him to be outside without roaming. I also take him in the yard on the harness but this allows him more time outside and I can keep a close eye on him on the porch. At first he was a bit apprehensive to sit out there and wanted out, but now he loves it and cries at the door to go out in it and it takes some coaxing to get him to come in the house. He loves to watch the birds and smell the fresh air. I bought the first module (the kitty's room, the smaller covered unit in the picture) at a cat show in town and now my vet carries the whole line so I got the penthouse from her. The website is at
    http://www.midnightpass.com/kittywalk-s ... ducts.html

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

That's pretty cool Dolly. I'll need to browse that site tomorrow when I've got more time. Moe would love it!

6. footsie

footsie New Member

How does he get into it? Is there a cat door?

7. dolly

dolly New Member

Thanks, halaroo. I'm sure Moe would have fun too!

Footsie, the small covered room has a hinged roof that closes with velcro. It's right outside the back door of my house so I just open the door and pop him in. The ends of all units do snap off so I imagine it could be modified to accomodate a cat door.

8. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

LOL!! Look at em' just hanging there in that 2nd pic!! You should sell them that pic for advertising purposes...he seems to really like it! :mrgreen:

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Dolly. You changed your avatar. I like it. I saw what Oliver has online when I was looking for plans to build a cat enclosure on my property. I thought they were pretty cool. Did you see the 'kittyrun' that they also have? I bet Oliver would just love that too. I wonder if in a few years from now your entire yard will be all connected with many different 'kittywalks.' Oliver would be one happy boy if that ever happened. It was really nice of you to purchase these kittywalks for your big boy. Thanks for posting those great pics.

10. dolly

dolly New Member

Thanks, Pilotkitten--maybe he could be the spokescat! 8)

Chessmind, yes I saw the kitty run and I almost got that instead of the penthouse. I figured that shouldn't be too difficult to build so I have bought some industrial netting and poles and if my husband ever gets around to building it, Oliver will have a run or two. I'm sure in 10 years our yard will be one huge labyrinth of kitty enclosures, Oliver will need a GPS to find his way in and out! :D

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

dolly...how come all i see are x's where your avatar is? and, only one picture came through. that's kind of weird..wonder why?

12. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:? that was really weird. once i posted and the screen came back, i could see all the pictures. l love them. how cute!