1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Painting a horse corral.....

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Laura05, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

When you "horse people" paint a fence... (ours is a corral) what type of paint should be used? Anyone have their fence painted a different color other then white? Do you like it or do you wish you would have gone with the traditional white?

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I don't know, my fence is traditional wood, I have seen red fences though...

3. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

When you say traditional wood... did you paint it or did you seal it with something to keep the natural wood look? We are building a corral with treated posts (they look greenish) and non treated 2 X 6's I will need to put something on the 2 X 6's so they will last longer. I was just trying to figure out what is the best to use.

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I have treated posts and treated rails...

5. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

I think I just want to use a water sealer..... is there a safe one for horses and cows?

Will Thompsons do the job? I don't have the horse or calf yet and I don't know if they chew on wood. I hope they dont!! Those posts were murder putting them in!!! ](*,)

6. horse_child

horse_child New Member

That should be fine. Yes, horses and cows will chew on the wood. If that becomes a problem just spread tabasco sauce on the rail that they have found particularly tasty. Or spray with pam, and sprinkle with cyenne (sp???) pepper.