1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

parakeet returns home 4 years later.....

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kathy5, May 27, 2004.

1. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

Parakeet returns to boy 4 years later, mellower

Associated Press
    May. 26, 2004 08:45 AM

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. - Four years after flying away from home, Fred the parakeet has returned to roost - and he still remembers his name.

The bird with the chipped beak recently was reunited with its owner, 11-year-old Aaron Edwards of Parkersburg.

"Aaron prayed every weekend, and I finally said to him, 'He ain't coming home.' That was three weeks ago," said Aaron's father, Mike. "Man, did I ever eat my words."

Fred flew away when Edwards took him to his used car lot in Parkersburg.

Ever since, Edwards, who also drives a tow truck, has asked customers if they had seen a green bird. Several said they had at their feeders; one sighting was in a junkyard.

The family then set up cameras at feeders hoping to catch of glimpse of Fred. But hopes grew dim as the winters passed.

On Friday, Kenny Balderson, a friend of Edwards', saw Fred at his Pettyville home. He called the bird by name and it flew down to him.

"What, Fred," the bird reportedly replied.

When Balderson telephoned that day with the news, Edwards thought it was a cruel joke.

"I didn't believe it until he showed up at the door," he said.

As Balderson entered the home with the bird, Edwards said, "Is that really Fred?" The bird then climbed up and snuggled to his chin.

The years have made Fred a kinder bird.

"He used to bite everybody he didn't like," Aaron Edwards said. "He's really mellowed down now."

2. Jody

Jody New Member

Oh My Goodness, there is still hope for chuckie..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

Wow,that is a great story! :eek:

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah! That is an amazing story!