1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pit starting to be aggressive. Have Question.

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by jay, Jun 27, 2006.

1. jay

jay New Member

Hi,

Mick is now 3 years old, he is not fixed and is a great dog. He usually gets along with other dogs and is great with everyone. Lately he wants to mount every male dog he is around, and if they don't let him, he goes nuts. This is a new behavior and has only been the last few months and is getting worse. Any suggestions besides keeping him away from males? Would getting him fixed help?

Thanks

2. YO

YO New Member

sorry i dont have much input for you, all my dogs are seperated...

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its probably 'just nature taking its course' so to speak, hes become an adult.

Getting him fixed should help to a point if the aggression is ONLY started by other males getting irritated by his actions. Generally dog to dog aggression is almost impossible to stop altogether but in this case, you take away the 'drive' then the hope would be that you eliminate the problem. I would definately keep him away from other dogs....chances are theres a female around thats in heat, its got his testosterone going crazy, he cant find her so hes trying it out on any dog that comes near or hes asserting his dominance over the other males. Getting him fixed is definately a start (and personally I would recommend it, while this type of aggression, like I said generally cant be stopped altogether it can be reduced greatly with neutering, sometimes training to give you some control over him) but as hes done this a couple of times already the action itself could be 'in his head'. The longer it goes on the worse it will become.

just my opinion.

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

At 3 years of age his hormones should be well and truley kicked in by now...
    Is he a pure bred..If you dont intend on breeding him, and theres alot to breeding, alot to learn and alot to know.. If you "dont" intend on breeding him I would get him fixed for sure, this will take out the aggressivness, before its too late and he learns bad behavior towards other dogs..
    As he gets older the pattern will be harder to break..