1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pits wagging tail!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Jadapit, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Jadapit

Jadapit New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I was just wondering if all pit bulls wag there tails hard?? Jada wags and thumps her tail soooo hard that I am afraid she may break it one of these days! She wags it so hard that it hurts when it hits you. :lol:

I have never owned a dog that wags their tail so hard. I just love the thump, thump sound it makes when she wags it!!

2. Sara

Sara New Member

My Lilly the foster pig wagged her tail so hard she did cause injury...she first chewed it at her previous home and then wagged it to where she opened the wound every time she was let out of her crate. She did end up losing the end of her tail to the problem and possibly more if it doesn't get healed. Her new forever home is doing their best to save her little tail but it may be a lost cause... All of my pits wag their tails and a thwack from one of them is like a lashing from a bullwhip... Our vet said that that's one of the most common injuries is to the tail and many times the tails have to be amputated... Try keeping a bandage on that wagging tail... We succeeeded only for a short time with ALL kinds of wrap... Finally had to wrap the poor dog's entire rear end otherwise the wagging would cause the bandage to fly right off the end of her pooor tail...

Those tails...they really are a nuicance...LOL

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Harley is a heavy wagger. I'm glad she's SOOO happy, but you're right, it does hurt. Especially when she's sucking up for something and she jumps on the couch and starts turning around lots. I have caught a couple in the face myself.

I have heard of tails breaking because of whacking it ona corner or something. It is very hard to heal because you can't exactly teach a dog to stop wagging. hehe.

When Harley gets really excited, I just try to keep her away from the coffee tables and walls and stuff.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

All of my girls are big time tail waggers. Izzy and Punkin wag their tails so hard their whole body wiggles. And boy it hurts when they hit you with that tail.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Gina: I love the body wiggle. I look forward to it each day I get home from work.

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

both my babies, don't have tails....soo their whole butts wag!!!

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

LOL Sam I know what you mean my sister has a cocker and it's tail is docked and I just think it's the cutest thing to see it try and wag a tail that is not there. :D

8. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

When I first came home with my shelter dog Cairo, he wagged his tail so hard that it bleed all over the walls in the kitchen, my husband did not know what was going on and got very nervous. He started doing a cat count!!!
    When he found out it was Cairo's tail wagging hard he thought the dog needed to see a vet because he needed stitches. Thankfully, he was fine and it healed quickly!!
    All my pitties wag their tails hard!! Its so cute~~~

9. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Since I've had my Pits, my coffee table has been rendered useless because if you set a cup of coffee or a glass of anything, it will be tail whipped right off onto the floor.

So now we take drinking anything to a "higher level," or resort to acrylic or plastic drinking devises.

10. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

hehe lovesdapits, the sacrfices we make for our fur babies.

11. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

Jax's tail is crazy.. i never seen a pup wag his tail sooo fast... its cool tho.. its good to feel welcomed in your home

12. Meg04

Meg04 New Member

Zoe is also a heavy tail wagger. And it hurts like so bad when it hits you its amazing.

13. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

my grandmothers mini dachy wags his sooo much. I always tellhim
    "Harley, if you don't slow that tail down, its gonna fly off!!!!"

He's such a happy and spoiled dog!

I saw this one pitty this past week, That dogs whole body wiggled! IT was like watching the flubber flow! LOL...

That dog had the BIGGEST smile I've ever seen. All she wanted was attentions!!!!!!

Oh it was gorgeous. The owner had a Texans cap on her. You could tell she had the best family in the world, and more love than and I don't know what! I've honestly never seen a happier dog!