1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Plants in what temperature? Please help.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Used, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Used

Used New Member

I was getting some live plants for a small aquarium without a heater. Well my question is what temperature do plants need to be at. Will they be okay at room temp. The plants I was thinking is Java fern, Anubias, and Dwarf Hairgrass. Any suggestions would really be helpful. :eek:

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Java fern & anubias are pretty hardy and I believe they will do okay at room temperature. I don't recommend getting the dwarf hair grass. It requires tons of light and if you have lots of light, you'll likely need to add CO2.

-Chelle

3. tski22

tski22 New Member

I have dwarf grass in my 15 planted. I wouldnt recommend it.Like Chelle said it does require alot of light. It needs to be specially bought, and i add CO2 fertilizer. The plant is doing fairly well I guess. Just about the only plants you can get away with under a light that comes with a fish tank is the 2 Chelle mentioned as being "hardy". -tl