1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE advice on selecting a new puppy, shihpoo or maltipoo

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by busymommy333, Aug 12, 2004.

1. busymommy333

busymommy333 New Member

A GREAT BIG THANKS

:eek: Hello everyone it the undecided again i absolutly love all of your opinions i cant thank all of you enough :D

I have done my reserch i have reserched my brain out, i love the coat size and playfulness of the maltipoo and the fact that they are not always in your lap cause with three kids i am not always sitting!!! but i have also read that the maltese are timid and not good with other dogs. I am gathering soooooo much information it is making me crazy :shock: it is all so conflicting.

The second thing is i will probably end up buying the puppy from someone off the internet (which i have never done) any advice? i have read the questions to ask a breeder but how do i know for sure?

Thank-you again for all your help everyone please continue to help :D

2. BellaPoo

BellaPoo New Member

shihpoo or maltipoo

I'm jumping back in on this 'bout getting a puppy off the internet. OK...1st do your research and make sure your not getting a puppymill pup. Not all breeders are who the claim to be. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Ask whoever you choose for references...other clients that you can speak with, and ask for pictures of the kennels and surroundings. Not all breeders will be willing, but it wont hurt to ask. And if they're forthcoming then they are usually on the up & up. I would check to see if there are any local breeders from the internet. It's easy to call and ask to come see their place.

I found a breeder in my area from the net and turns out my neighbors were their breeder so I went on blind trust. Boy was I WRONG to do that. If I had been wise, and checked things out on my own I wouldn't have chosen this breeder. The conditions were o.k. but after she got my deposit her attitude changed. I didn't get a contract until the I put a deposit down....and the contract stated nothing other than I had paid my deposit for a female. When I picked up Bell the breeder was somewhat hostile and wrote on my contract that if I didn't have the puppy spayed (which I intended to all along) at 7 months she would REPO my pup! I can understand where the breeder is coming from, however, this is something that should have been in the contract from the beginning. It all comes down to your opinion and what feels right. Do your research and don't rely on blind faith. I learned my lesson the hard way.

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I have some links to breeders (on the internet) that I was considering before we found the one we went with.... they are on my computer at home so I can send them to you in a private message.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting your puppy that way, but you just need to do your research and be sure you actually talk to them on the phone and ask LOTS of questions etc.

I actually found my breeder unexpectedly... I decided to check the classifieds online in my area and saw someone that had Shih-tzu/maltese puppies available... I called her to see if she ever had shih-poos and it turns out she had had a litter just a week and a half earlier!! The best part, she was only an hour away from my home! Have you checked your local classifieds?

Anywho, I'll PM you later today with some info that will hopefully be of help to you :D