1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please let me introduce Molly & Emma!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, May 2, 2004.

1. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ah Shirley, I just told an itty bitty bit. :0020: Try and get me now neener neener neener. I promise not to volunteer any more luvmaltipoo stories. Pinky swear.
    Chandler has been gone now for a few months. My boys just thought I knew already. Its pretty sad. You know he took that dog in because his friend had to get rid of him.

2. Rene

Rene New Member

poogirl you were right my settings at work are supper high i cant open lots of stuff but at home i could open the link they are sooooooooooo cute i love them

rene

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Glad to help! I can't open certain things at work too, but as long as I can access Auspet I'm okay! LOL

I can't wait to have more pics to share with everyone!

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I had to just say.............

One week from today and our girls come home!!!!!!!!

:0020: \:D/ :0018: :0020:

..think I'm excited?!...

5. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

They sure nare cutie pies... :love_y_t_much: Think i feel in love. I love dogs.

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll join ya' on your little dance!!!! :0020:

Can't wait to hear all about their homecoming! :eek:

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I think I might just have to take the day off of work so that I can sit at home and wait for pics and a story to be posted on the board!! :) I feel like an AUNTIE or something! :) hehe

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thanks MyBaby! I certainly don't want to dance alone!! :mrgreen:

Monster ~ You are too funny! Don't worry, you guys won't have to wait long for stories & pics! I imagine when we get home we'll know right away whether they'd like to check things out or just sleep.. either way, the camera will be close by!

Can I now say...

LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!!! :0017: I'm getting crazy now!

Went shopping last night.. and, $140.00 later I think it's safe to say we are all set for the girls! We went to Petsmart and they have a machine that you can make your own personalized ID tag... so, we made one for the girls! They are on their collars already and just so frickin' cute!

I never thought I'd hear myself say that I wished the weekend was over already!! :D

9. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Oh, MyBaby, meant to tell you..

While shopping last night I picked up a bottle of Nature's Miracle as you suggested!! I'm sure it will work great! Question though, I read what the surfaces are that you could use it on and I saw "floors"... do you think it's okay for hardwood floors?

Anywho, here's where my story of NM comes in ~ The cashier put the bottle in the bag with the leads, harnasses, brushes etc. and by the time we got home and I was taking out my toys.. er, I mean the girls things, they were SOAKED!!! We had a terrible thunder/rain storm last night so I thought perhaps when walking to the car maybe they got wet... but, I smelled the leads (and my hands) and it was a STRONG scent of ammonia or something. So, the NM leaked everywhere :(

The majority of the items were fine, but I'm going to bring back the items that got the worst of it (and the items I can't clean!). I'd like new leads/harnesses, bottle of NM and a new package of Nylabones. We got a 2 pack of Nylabones and the NM got into I believe as it's all soggy on one side etc. Just not going to take a chance and let the girls chew on it!

Anyway, I am glad that I got the NM but not glad it spilled all over everything!

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I would bring them back too. No need to sicken the poor pups upon their arrival. Make sure the bottle is tight. I've spilled vingar once , but just in tha bag, not in my car. I smelt that right away. Can't wait to see your new family members. Now go busy yourself and make time fly. =P~ !!!

11. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I agree Puttin!!

I just got back from Petsmart.. told the lady what happened & her reply was "I've told the cashiers to put bottles of liquids in their own bag!" ~ she completely understood and I received the new items that I wanted :D

While we were there I saw a keychain in the shape of a dog bone... of course I had to buy it! :mrgreen:

12. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Its so fun shopping for dogs. I get the same fun out of it, if not more as I used to when my boys were small.

13. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Oh, that's just the beginning PooGirl! LOL :mrgreen:

I did the same for the boys...too much fun! :lol:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do believe it is safe on hardwood floors! I only have hardwood floors in my front hall and dining room, and Mickey and Tigger never "went" on them when they were younger, so I never had to use it in there! Therefore, I don't have personal experience with it on my own hardwood. However, I have a few friends who have almost all hardwood in their homes, and they use Nature's Miracle all the time on their floors and haven't had a problem! (They do a lot of rescues and fostering, so there are often accidents w/ the unhousebroken ones :wink: ) There is a number on the back of the NM bottle, so you may want to give them a call tomorrow and ask just to be on the safe side...I tried calling a minute ago to get their answer to the question but the lines were closed for the day...sorry! :(

Wonderful...I am glad they understood!

That happens to me all of the time...I'll be shopping for bones or food for the boys and I'll see something while shopping that they boys (or I) just have to have! :wink:

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

amen to that!!!
    It's dangerous to go to Petsmart!! In fact, I'm only allowed (???) to go ONCE a month! LOL.....

15. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I may quickly be told by my husband that I am only allowed to go once a month!!! I predict I will be unable to control myself while in that store! :mrgreen:

Thank you MyBaby!! Great idea to call the # on the back of the bottle, I will do that! Thanks for trying yourself though, you're so thoughtful! Our entire first floor, with the exception of the kitchen, is hardwood floors (some area rugs here & there though).. so, I'll definetely need to know for sure. It is good to know that you've had friends use it w/o a problem.

Well, I am trying to decide where to put all their stuff (leashes, collars, toys, etc.) today.. I have baskets that I could use but not sure if they'd chew it all up.. probably! I'm also going to focus on setting up their crates today (planning on putting one in the bedroom & one in the living room).

My hubby is out in his workshop right now making the final piece to their fenced in area. The majority of their area we made weeks ago (with wire fencing), however, we needed to connect the end of the wire fencing to the corner of the garage ~ that's about a 10 ft. span and there's patio in that area. So, we bought some lattice and hubby is going to make a 10 ft. movable wooden fence for that section and I'll paint it!

Things are coming along... and we are now just 5 days away from picking up our girls (cuz, you know you can't count today..) :lol:

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

man!! I wish we were as prepared for Bailey as you guys are for Molly and Emma!!! :) woooooohooooooooooo.,............. and, I'm sorry, how many more days is it?? :) hehe

17. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

hee hee, thanks! We are trying but I'm sure there's lots we haven't even started to think about yet!

And....... I'll just say............ we are down to THREE, THREE, THREE, THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek:

18. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Now at this point, it's only TWO DAYS!!!

Hey... I just remembered something. I don't know if you ever paid attention before, but if not....

There is a grrrrrrrrrreat website for ordering pet supplies that you should check out. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

They have EVERYTHING, and I mean everything! They also have great sales occassionally .... i bought Bailey's Frontline from there for about 2/3 the regular price! I also have purchased a few tags there, they seem to be the cheapest I've seen....DEFINITELY cheaper (AND CUTER!) than Petsmart.

anyhow, take a gander.... :)

19. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I know what you guys mean about petsmart. Hubby does not like me going in there. Last time I promised him I just had to get a portable water bowl for FiFis big day out at the ball game. I came out with that, new bandanas for all the girls, some new treats, the cuetest little thingy to hold bags while you go on a walk and oh these things my doggies love, freeze pops for dogs! They are beef and cheese flavor! So now hubbys says I cant go in unsupervised! : (

BTW PooGirl hang in there just a few more days!!! As for storing their stuff I found the most usefull storage bin, with tapastry and little doggies on it to store the girls stuff. I put their toys, leashes, clothes ect in there. My poms cant reach it to get the stuff out so we have no mess. Except for when my husky decides its time for a walk and instead of nicely reaching in to get her leash out she must dump the whole thing over!

Ok anyway, I hope the time flies for you!!! And we will all be here waiting for your news on their first day. We want a full report. Every cute little bit!

20. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

The website that Monster mentioned is EXCELLENT, I get their magazine catalog all the time in the mail, and I could (and sometimes do) go nuts buying "stuff" from there! Like Monster said, they have everything you could possibly think of, and stuff you never knew existed!

About something to store leashes, collars, toys, etc. in:
    I keep all their toys in a basket on the fireplace in the living room where we we spend most of our time. But for all their other stuff (leashes, harnesses, collars, coats - yes, they have winter coats :lol: , flea treatments, heartworm chewables, treats, food, bags, etc. I found a "pet storage tower" thingy. All pet stores sell a variety of these bins to help organize things, so they are really easy to find. It's kind of hard to describe, but here's what the one I have looks like:
    http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/101 ... -tower.htm

Like shown on the pic., I use the bottom part for their food, the side handle/hook for leashes, collars and harnesses, and the top bin for the rest of their stuff!

Okay, I am beginning to just ramble...I'll stop now! :mrgreen:

:eek: JUST TWO MORE DAYS AND MOLLY AND EMMA ARE COMIN' HOME!!! :eek: