1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please welcome the newest member of our pack.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by someday, Apr 11, 2006.

1. someday

someday New Member

We are so pleased to have him join our family. We had been wanting to rescue another pit, but worried about Annie's reaction. This guy just seems to be a perfect fit..we couldn't be happier...ok..so you guys already know how picture crazy I am..so...these will slow down once he's not so new. I may actually get some outdoor ones if I can get Adam to wrangle dogs for me, but since this guy can't be off leash, it's hard to hold a camera at the same time..hehe.

What a face..
    [​IMG]

The two big hams
    [​IMG]

Playing tug
    [​IMG]

His strategy...lie down since Annie out muscles him, but he certainly outweighs her.
    [​IMG]

2. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

AWSOME PICS!!! I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR PICTURES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!
    WHAT A NICE HOME YOU HAVE TOO!!!
    I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM FOR EVERYONE!
    Does it show?
    LOL
    Sue

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sounds like it was fate (meant to be) that at the right time you saw him outside and your landlord let you take him :D :D looks like they are 2 peas in a pod!

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh he is just gorgeous!!! I love him. To me, the names that come right to mind are :

Colonel
    Bear
    Butch
    Tony
    Ciro
    Kabel
    Odie

5. lil96

lil96 New Member

i am soo jealous he seems so awesome!

6. someday

someday New Member

He's an awesome dog..We closed on that property in Texas we had been looking at last month...so, the second week of May we will be moving down there(another reason our landlord wasn't too upset about him). Then our dogs will have 38 acres to sniff and explore. I'm still having a hard time explaining to people down there that our dogs won't be roaming the property as they are house dogs and won't be outside unsupervised...that still seems to be a novel idea. Here's a couple more pics..since I can't have enough.

Here's one Adam snapped of me and Bear last night watching TV. Excuse the dirty clothes..i'd been at the barn. Do we need furniture? I think the dogs use it more than we do.
    [​IMG]

Adam washed cars today and the dogs "helped"...they watched from the side in the shade and looked worried everytime the hose came near.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

What nice pics!
    So now that you have a house and your dogs. Any wedding plans?
    LOL.
    Sue

8. someday

someday New Member

Yes! We're getting married June 3rd!

9. someday

someday New Member

We stopped by the shelter today while walking the dogs(it's just down the road from us). Bear had to visit the shelter worker who was in love with him, while he was there..she was thrilled with how good he looked after getting cleaned up. We asked why he was surrendered, and she told us that he came from the west side of town(not a good area),and was dropped off because he wouldn't fight(although they of course wouldn't admit that). So we're very happy he gets a nicer life from now on.

10. lil96

lil96 New Member

he looks so sweet! I am so glad they gave him up, but it makes me worry, maybe they(the people who turned him in) stole him from someone else thinking he was big bad mean dog, but as it turns out he is just a teddy bear?