1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please write me back on this

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by iluvmykittys, May 13, 2004.

1. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

I took my 2 kitty's to get their yearly shots. What torture that was trying to get them into the carrier & to the vet! :cry: But, anyway--my one cat took her shots no problem, after she got home and hid under the bed for an hour or 2, she came out and seemed very timid. She also growls at me when I pet her. I chalked that up to her being mad at me for taking her to the vet. However, this morning she is still "whiny" when I touch her bag or her legs....she just lays around and is not purring like her usual self. I know she is tired, and still stressed. :cry: Maybe the shots hurt her legs?? :cry: But do you think she is having a reaction?? I know she is not her usual self.....I am taking y other cat to the vet @ 2pm, and I may call the vet in an hour when they get in. Please write me back IF your cat has had the same thing.........Thanks a lot!!! :|

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

what did she get for vaccines? They may have made her feel ill. I'd keep an eye on her and mention it to the vet.

I have one cat that reacts so poorly to the feline leuk vaccine I won't let her have it anymore. My other 2 are fine and they are all inside-only. But she is so ill for DAYS it's not worth it for her.

Just keep an eye on your cat, be sure she's eating....and be sure to let the vet know how she's acting and he'll probably know which vaccine affected her.

3. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

Thanks. I just called the vet & he said all cats have a different reaction & he asked me to bring her in to see him at 2 with my other cat. :cry: Ohh, Its such torture for her to get in the car and go...she is going to hate me!! I feel terrible!!!! :cry:
    Thanks for emailing me back. Ohh, and did your cats get better after a day or 2, or did it take longer??

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Missy would be ill from the feline leuk vaccine for a week....really ill - not moving, not eating. It was pretty extreme so her record is now marked in red NO FELINE LEUK VAC., just in case someone other than myself takes her to the vets.

She's pretty tiny though - I don't even think she weighs 6 lbs. She does fine with other vaccines just the feline leuk kicks her butt

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i had that reaction in my other kitty otis, that just passed away 2 months ago. he was almost 20 years old. he had the reaction when he was about 10 years old. lethargic, moving in slow motion. they gave him a cortisone or prednisone shot (i think) for the reaction. im pretty sure it was a steroid. anyway...he remained entirely shot free for 10 years with no problems. he was strickly indoor. no other animals, though. but! even when i boarded him a few times (which i dont do anymore) they made an exception for him and took him even though he didnt have his shots. i decided to stop that though, and just used a babysitter when i was away. good luck. lynn h

6. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

What should I do?

Yeah, she is ok, just not at all her self. She was always following me, purring and meowing/talking. Today, she is just quiet & to herself. She doesn't want to be bothered. I am debating taking her to the vet today b/c it is sooooo stressful for her. Or, I can take her tomorrow if she isn't better. What do you think I should do?? Please write me!

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I would probably take her...stressful or not cause if anything happened you would feel horrible for not doing so.

8. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

One of my cats is simi effected by her shots every time she gets her shots. She sleeps half of the first day and the second she just lays nest to you. But DO NO TRY TO PICK HER UP IN LESS YOU WANT TO BE CLAWED BY THE CLAWS OF TARROR. but on the thir day she is always just fine. But it is true that cats can have reactions to shots, so better safe than sorry latter. GOOD LUCK.

Please let us know how the vet visit goes.