1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

PLZZZ HELP ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 24, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

all my platys are at the bottom of my fishtank on the gravel and dnt seem to want to swim around. i have checked the ph and its at 7.0 perfict for them and the ammonia level is at 0 so its perfict but my fish are just lying there and i cant take a pic cause they swim away. even my spunky male is acting like this the onlyones that are not is my tetras plz help

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your nitrItes and nitrAtes?

-Chelle

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

What is your water temperature? Are they hiding at the base of plants or decorations as if possibly being bullied by the Angelfish?

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Aren't Nitrates and ammonia the same thing? My test kit has Ammonia, Nitrites, PH, and GH.

5. OneWolvesDream

the thing i dont get is these fish are very fast and my angel is slow how could she be bulling them?? could it possibly be the painted tetras aka the glass skirt tetras?

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Angels are very intimidating and territorial. They wait until the fish gets close to their space and make a darting move at them.
    ceveretts, Nitrites are a by-product of Ammonia, and Nitrates are a by-product of Nitrites by bacterial filtration.

7. OneWolvesDream

ok that makes sence. on my platys i have fish missing parts of their tail to parts of their fins

though that could explain why my fish like the back of the tank so much. my angel is always in the frount trying to attract attention