1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

potty breath

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by footsie, Jul 31, 2004.

1. footsie

footsie New Member

Wow!

Footsie's breath was so bad this morning. Way worse than usual. He typically is very cuddly in the morning (see the creatures of habit post) and today was no exception. He wanted to nuzzle and lick my face at 7am and it was so bad that I actually got up early!

I'm going to monitor this. His breath actaully smelled like his kitty litter. I use the scented arm & hammer and it has a pretty recognizable smell. He typically has that scent on him after he's gone to his box. But it was on his breath this morning. I'm worried that he was eatting the litter. :0024: That's pretty bad right? I remember reading about cats that got blockages from eating littler. If that were the case, he'd stop eating right? So if he's eating then hes OK?

2. nern

nern New Member

If there was a blockage I would think he would stop eating and maybe vomit and/or have diarhrea or appear constipated.
    Do you think this could have happened from him cleaning himself? Like cleaning his fur right after he stepped out of the box....could the scent on his fur have gotten on his breath? I don't know if thats really possible, its just a thought.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

maybe it's time for a dental :m10:

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. :D If Footsie was my kitty I would take him to the vet. A healthy kitty does not have bad breath all the time. It could be caused by a lot of things, so a trip to the vet would be a good idea. I'd be very interested to know what the vet finds is the cause (assuming you take Footsie to the vet).

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

see...youre like me...i worry about everything when it comes to max. although i have never noticed bad breath on max. but it isnt like he doesnt lick his you know what all the time. sheesh!!! for almost four months he was going at least ten times a day. but...i used baby wipes on him...so his you know what smelled like aloe :m33:

6. vene

vene New Member

How's Footsie's breath today? You've just reminded me to make an appt. to have my teeth cleaned and checked- haven't been to a dentist in 12 years! :0010: I saw our neighbor dentist's hubby at our post office and said I'd call her and make an appt last week but haven't done so. Ok Chessmind, stop rolling your eyes. I'll call soon. I promised myself I'd call this year. Ha ha. :---)

7. footsie

footsie New Member

He doesn't stink anymore.

He's eating and pooping fine, so I was just getting worked up over nothing. I tend to do that. :0010:

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL Footsie. Well, I'm glad he doesn't have stinky breath. :eek:

9. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:shock: :shock: how's footsie's breath these days??? lol :wink:

10. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

When Hunter was a younger he used to have bad breath sometimes. I don't know if it was because he played in the poop...or just that kittens are sometimes stinky little critters. He doesn't have bad breath anymore. Well sometimes, but I think that's cause he's always licking in his what not areas (lol,like Lynhhaz said!!!)

Hehe...we all are worryers (is that a word or did I spell it right???)....that's why it's soo good to have this forum!!!