1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

"Problem Child" Harley won't let us sleep at night

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Feb 23, 2008.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

So my 10 mth old Harley: He is a very "naughty boy" He is a bitter always has been, and is very feisty, got to love his spirit though. He is a very independent boy only wants attention when he wants it. He attacks my 11year old Patches all the time but she does put him in his place occasionally. However, we do have to intervene with the spray bottle often. Night time has been a struggle the whole time and we are running out of ideas.
    Here's what we have done. locked him out of the bedroom (listened to him howl all night long) we have done this numerous times. Spray bottle works sometimes, ignoring him..... yea right... running across us at all hours of the night waking us up instantly. Play time before bed to attempt to wear him out....... doesn't work just winds him up more because he turns into the "energizer kitty". He wants to be with us but I am having a very difficult time getting him to "learn" a sleep schedule I know that cats are nocturnal animals. I have tried to keep him from napping during the day to hopefully get him tired at night.. doesn't seem to matter. We are not sleeping and the affects are starting to get to us we have tried ourselves meds to help us "sleep" through his activity doesnt really matter either.
    I have been up since midnight taking him out of the bedroom so the bf could sleep he gets up early and has a hard job. Stayed out in the living room with the wild boy watching him bounce off the walls the whole time. BF thanked me this morning said he finally feels rested but sorry for me. Lucky I have been off from work due to a shoulder surgery. I don't know what to do? do they have sleeping pills for animals???? :mrgreen: Could try to crate him my boxer/lab doesn't sleep in his crate anymore at night. Help need sleep