1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Puppies get their first taste of food!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well the puppies got their very first taste of puppy food tonight. Boy did they make a mess!!! they were like little piggies...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

awww...they're so cute!

3. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

They are so cute!

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Hee hee Little fatties :lol: :lol:
    Adorable... :mrgreen:

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Awww they such cuties, I love it when they get to this stage and they start to try food and get it everywhere lol.

Well Sam looks like my mum will be joining with all the fun as she has had Jess to the vets this morning and guess what the ultrasound scan confirmed she is pregnant, Mum is shocked as she never saw them actually do it.

But again i love your puppy pics keep them coming :)
    MIke

6. Samsintentions

Well I'm sure Jess will be a great mother!!!

Precious had her litter. All is not so well. She whelped 3 days too soon. Only 8 out of 13 made it. then last night two died. They just weren't developed enough. The vet and I tried, but to no avail. We have a suspicion that the weather has been doing some ultra freeky things these past few days. That thats what made her go into labor. My second theory, and vet agrees it COULD (very slim chance, but with my luck could happen) happen, we Artificially insiminated her on two days, three days apart. We think that the first pups (the ones that are surviving concived at that time and then the rest concieved during the second insimination. I don't know, sounds too far fetched. But i guess anything's possible. I know all the puppies are not "concieved at the same time" just hard to belive they did it at two separate times. But half the litter is developed and half was not. Wierd huh?

I'm saddened by the loss of them, but theo nes that are doing good are fat and GORGEOUS. Just like their momma and daddy. Precious is an absolutely awsome mother. Couldn't ask for a betterone. She had the first puppy and wasn't sure what to do, so she cleaned him up, picked it up and brought it to us!!! I was shocked when she did! I wasn't expecting her to have them. so off to the vet we rushed.

Here's a photo of her and her puppies. This was after we got home from the vets. she was soooo tired, she just passed right on out as the puppies nursed.

[​IMG]

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Aww sam i am so sorry to hear about the loss.

Its hard and upsetting when things like this happen life can be so cruel sometimes.

Well i hope precious and the remaining pups are well and things going better. The other pups look so big, Its amazing how quickly they grow.

Mike

P.S Keep those pics coming lol

8. Samsintentions

yeah.. Life of a breeder just isn't easy. Momma's doing relly good. One of her glands is s bit inflamed she's going in to the vet with the rest of the litter and their going to do a FULL exam and blood panel. Rule out any problems.

I think I've doubled my cost on everything with these guys.. SO if yall THINK your gonna make money off puppies. THINK TWICE!!!!

9. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Just goes to show, If you think something can go wrong then you can bet your life it will go wrong..

Hope her exam and blood work goes well, Will be waiting for results.

Mike

10. Sara

Sara New Member

I LOVE the pic of Precious and her pups!!! Sorry to hear about the loss, it does happen though for so many reasons! I'm glad they're doing well now though.

Once they get the eating bit down those puppies are at their funnest stage!!! I had an inquiry here in town about puppies from a friend of mine. She has since come down with an awfull infection and I haven't heard a whole lot about them. I'm assuming she's inquiring because either she is needing a guardian (Coyotes) or she knows of a rancher who's having issues with needing something to guard their livestock or ranch. If I manage to find much more out I'll let ya know.

Good looking pups though. I hear tell that at 6 or 7 weeks you can pretty much see what the adult dog will look like. Waiting much longer will give ya that growing impression. So far it seems to be pretty true. FYI

Sara

11. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

aw, i'm sorry about that sams, but the remaining pups and mom look good! you're gonna have your hands full! you've got, what, over 20 puppies now?

12. Samsintentions

Way too many.
    Most are sold. I'm keeping a couple. But I don't have any problem selling them. Some people have been waiting since pretty much the day I got Precious.

13. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

wow. that's awesome! that's one less thing to worry about.