1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Question about posting pictures.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by jay, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jay

jay New Member

Just wondering if some of the experienced picture posting users can help me. I was trying to post a picture directly on the forum, but could not get it. Any tips? I have my pics in my computer already. Thanks

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

After you have your photo posted on a website all you need to do is copy the full url address then click IMG on the set of buttons above the message box. This will insert a [​IMG] at the end of the address.
    The final line should look something like this _ IMG_http:// www. myhostingservice.com/myfiles/photo1.jpg[/IMG]
    I used _ to bracket the first IMG so the line would print.
    Here is a photo of the boys using this method
    [​IMG]
    Right click on this photo and select Properties to see the link to this photo.

If you do not have a web site where you can upload your photos there are several free sites where you can sign up. One is Photobucket
    http://www.photobucket.com

This process is always confusing until you get the hang of it. One hint, after you think you have entered the correct line to post a photo, hit the PREVIEW button to see if the photo appears. If not then you have something wrong and must edit the line. If the photo appears then you can SUBMIT the message and all should work OK.

4. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Jay,
    Just noticed you are from Chalmette. How are things in your neighborhood. Everyone here on this board followed the hurricanes closely. I am originally from Baton Rouge and still have family there and in New Orleans. My New Orleans brother is in the process of totally renovating his home on Jefferson just off Claiborne.

5. jay

jay New Member

Thanks for asking, well things down in St. Bernard are moving very slowly. There are a few that are rebuilding but not many. There are just too many unanswered question about the future for most people to go put any money out. Plus, the entire Parish took on water, not one house was spared, so it will be a while. When I do go down there, you really don't see too much improvement, other than the main streets are clear of the mud that was on them. There are a few FEMA trailers down there, but a lot of people are sleeping in the large tents waiting for trailers. Its kind of sad to see that happening in your home town.

I have rented an apartment in Lafayette and will be living here a few months I guess. My home in Chalmette had 15 feet of water, so that has to be bulldozed. Other than that, just trying to make the best of this sitiuation. It could have been worse, all my family and friends and pets are safe. Just waiting to hear from one cousin who stayed.

It is an unbelievable site to see the damage that the water did. If you are ever in that area, ride through lower N.O. and all of St. Bernard, that was by far the hardest hit areas.