1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Parakeet's stools

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Kerrikaye, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Kerrikaye

Kerrikaye New Member

My 8 year old parakeet has developed looser stools than ususal. Every few weeks he gets a build up of poop on his backside and I have to remove it. He has always eaten a diet of pretty bird mini with seeds as a treat.

Does anyone know if this type of stool change is normal in older parakeets?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I would have him checked over by an avian vet as usually the only time a bird gets watery poop is when they have an illness or some sort of intestinal parasite, Female birds have large watery poop when they are breeding and are in the nest the hold off going which causes a build up and then as soon as they come out of the nest to feed they relieve themselves.

It maybe normal in some birds but i have never had a bird that did this apart from my females..

Mike

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

My parakeet has small stools all the time and she is a healthy parakeet .But then she is a baby to. :?: