1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Quote of the Day........

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by pamr61, Jul 23, 2004.

1. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Here's something new to try..... how about if we do a dog related "Quote of the day"? I see good ones all the time I think I should share with you guys, so lets give it a try. Anyone can add to it at anytime they choose! Here's mine, I just ran across this one:

"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

That's a great idea & I loved the Quote.

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

My new fav quote is in my signature!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I have a Word document where I save all the dog quotes I see that I like. :)

5. nern

nern New Member

Good idea! :eek:

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Baggage

written by Evelyn Colbath 1995 - all rights reserved

Now that I'm home, bathed, settled and fed,
    All nicely tucked in my warm new bed.
    I'd like to open my baggage
    Lest I forget,
    There is so much to carry -
    So much to regret.
    Hmm . . . Yes there it is, right on the top
    Let's unpack Loneliness, Heartache and Loss,
    And there by my leash hides Fear and Shame.
    As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave -
    I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.
    I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
    But I wasn't good enough - for they didn't want me.
    Will you add to my baggage?
    Will you help me unpack?
    Or will you just look at my things -
    And take me right back?
    Do you have the time to help me unpack?
    To put away my baggage,
    To never repack?
    I pray that you do - I'm so tired you see,
    But I do come with baggage -
    Will you still want me?

7. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:D I love that poem Jamiya. Should have read that to my first husband!

8. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Very nice, Jamiya.... thanks!
    Here's a short but true one:

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."--- Ann Landers

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Here's one I made up...corny but I like it...

"You'll never know more love than that of a life long companion."

10. Nikkita's Mom

Nikkita's Mom New Member

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in quite awhile, been really busy with work & Nikkita, trying to train her feels like a lost cause! :?

I came across this quote and thought I would share it.

You can say any foolish thing to a dog and the dog will give you a look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would have thought that!"--Dave Barry :p

Also liked this one.

Dogs come when they are called; Cats take a message and get back to you later!--Mary Bly :lol:

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

"Animals are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time." - Henry Beston

Due to Sarge's recent attempt to go in the car...
    "Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry

"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff." - Unknown

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus