1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger has a bloody spot...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by tuttifrutti, Jun 29, 2006.

1. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Every year Ranger has allergies to the grass, and he usually winds up with a rash, but it doesn't ever seem to bother him. This year, however, he did begin developing the rash, as usual, but when I looked at it today (I always check it to make sure that he isn't bothering it) it was bloody and beginning to scab over. I'm going to ask at work about some anti-itch cream or something, because there is another girl at work who's dog has grass allergies. What I am wondering right now, is what do I do about the raw area? The vet is closed right now, and this is not a big enough deal to rush him to the emergency vet for. I could try to get him into tomorrow, but from what I recall, we are very busy, and, once again, it's not an emergency. I am going to clean it out with some alcohol (if I can get him to sit still long enough) but is there something that I can do to keep him from bothering it? If it were just him gnawing on it, I would put a cone on him, but it's somewhere that he can reach with his feet too. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Not sure if its too late for this but I wouldnt put alocohol on a raw area, its really going to sting and will probably make it worse, its an irritant in itself (I assume you dont mean the beverage kind of alcohol:oops:)

If its just a temporary thing until you can get to the vet, sometimes vaseline will help, it soothes it a little, moisturizes the area so it shouldnt start cracking and gives the area some protection from other things irritating it.

Dont know if that helps at all. :?

3. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Yeah, I took another look at it and decided not to clean it, since it scabbed over and he's not bothering it anymore, I think it hurt him the first time and he kind've learned. Vaseline is a good idea, I've never heard of that, but I will definitily try it. Thanks!