1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Reaction from Vet

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Trixiepoo, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Yesterday morning Trixie went to the Animal Hospital to get her yearly medical checkup. She got a rabies, parvo/distemperament shot and a blood sample. This is her 1 yr old checkup. She didn't mind at all and was very happy coming home. Then she went for a walk. After we got home about 10 min. l8er she started freaking out like she was irritated by something and rolling her face into the ground. ( :?: ) We found a tick on her (she is wearing frontline) we got it off but she was still irritated. For the rest of the day she slept and was not looking too good. Then this morning she seemed fine but then she threw up alot on the floor and was shivering. I was in school and my mom was home w/ her but then my mom went out for an hour or so and then I came home and she was alot better. Is this normal side effects??? (My mom's friend's dog who is a shih tzu had even worse side effects did this happen to anyone else)

2. ntengwall

ntengwall New Member

It could be an adverse reaction to the vaccines. I know lots of friends whose human babies have had bad reactions--lots of uncontrollable crying, fever, restlessness... Just a thought.

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Oh my goodness. Its hard to say wether its a reaction to the shots or the tick. Ticks can give you Limes disease. Shirely was bit not too long ago and was in bad shape because of it. I would take her to the vet if she does not look good.

4. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Oh don't worry Puttin she is fine now. She was just down in the dumps 4 a day 1/2. I was just wonderin if it was normal. Here is a pic. of her from about 2 weeks ago its cute. [​IMG]

5. ntengwall

ntengwall New Member

Off the subject...is Trixie a Shih Poo?

6. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

She's beautiful! I love her markings.

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Shots can and do make dogs feel like cr*p. My dog Rufus would cry out loud if touched where he got his shot. This was one of the puppy shots. It can make them tired too.
    I'm glad she's alright now.
    I saw a dog on E. vets that was paralized for a spell by a tick until hospitalized at the vets. They helped him thru it.

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I'm glad that Trixie is feeling better! :eek:

Nicole... Trixie is a Shih-poo! She's quite beautiful also, love her coloring :D

9. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Sorry to hear trixie wasnt feeling too good. But that was an excellent pic of her she is soo cute. I love her front legs with the freckels!

10. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Yup as PooGirl said Trixie is shihpoo

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

oh trixiepoo... I'm so sorry to hear that trixie wasn't feeling well!! :( Isn't that the worse feeling in the world?? :(

EXTRA GLAD To hear that she's feeling better!! hehe