1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Red Bellied Pacu will not eat!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by PedrosPacu, May 27, 2004.

1. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

Hi PedrosPacu,
    I too had the same problem with my Pacu (Neptune) not eating, She went 5 weeks before touching any type of food!! and she too showed no signs of illness or anything. I was very worried too, but after some long consultation by kc5gvn it all worked out with no ill effects to Neptune.
    Pacus are just wierd like that i guess and if you water is good i would not worry
    i was told it has somthing to do with spawning and what not :lol:

BUT... i would try to change your pacus diet a little and try to get her onn some veggies and pellets.

2. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Pacuguy, Be careful not to misquote me. The not eating problem with Pacus being related to spawning is just a THEORY at this time. Since they require so much space it would be hard to study the spawning habits in a home aquarium. One of the key factors is that the only times I've seen them do it not related to anything medically, they had always reached maturity. That type symptom is common with many fish going through spawning.