1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ringworm problems

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Lunchbox, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I have been battling ringworm in my 5mth old pit for around a month now. I have taken him to the vet & he told me to use providone-iodine & scrub him twice a day. I have done this & yet new ones are still popping up. An old one will heal then a few days later another one will pop up. I know he got it from a few outside cats we used to have. I would say he has around 10 to 15 small spots around his body. Do any of you have any ideas of what I could use to help? I have taken him back to the vet & he said to just keep doing what I'm doing. I just honestly dont see it helping much.

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Lunchbox,
    I have never had to deal with ringworm before, but I think you should take him to a different vet. I beleive there is medication or a needle or something that is given to dogs with ringworm. The worms can continue to multiply in the body.

Again, I don't know anything about it, but if the iodine isn't working, you need to try something else. If this vet won't help you, go to one that will.

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ringworm can be a nasty thing to deal with my husbands Beagle had a litter of puppies and the entire litter ended up with it.
    He of course went to the vet and spent about $80 on creams and wash and it did not even work. So he used just some over the counter Lotrimin spray for humans with ringworm/jock itch and it worked Great! The ringworm started clearing up within a week. We have also used motor oil and it works just not as fast as the lotrimin spray.
    Good Luck To You.

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I have also heard of using 20 to 30 % bleach to clear it up. But I really have reservations about using it on my pup. I'll go to the store & try the Lotrimin. It just really sux on the timing because he was getting social with other animals. Now his only contact has been me & my family for a month.

5. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

anti fungal creams are whats used in humans so id assume thats whats used in dogs. cant understand why they would want you to scrub it with iodine. doesnt scratching/scrubbing make it spread?