1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Honey! You were the best dog i ever had!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Sep 17, 2006.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

well this morning was a real bad morning for me....i was woke up to my neighbor standing at my door with a gun in his hand saying my dogs were loose and one of them had bitten his kid! i was freaking out because i didnt wanna go to jail or anything like that obviousley. so i fighured the presence of the gun ment she was already done for. but he asked me if i would rather do it myselfe and i couldnt do it so i told him "if honey really bit your kid i totally understand why you wanna shoot her so go do it because i cant". and by this time my kids were all awake and are listining and crying over what was about to happen. i shut the door to go deal with the kids and herd it happen and my wife yelled out the window to him and told him to bring the collar back to her with the tags and all. so i went to go outside and my other neighbor was there saying he saw a lady in the yard playing with the dogs and taking them off the cahins and that just set the mood for disaster and my wife went and found out who it was and instantly went to kick the ladys ass for what she had done. luckilly the woman wouldnt come out of the house and called the cops to try to do what i am really not too sure. so i walked to the neighbors house to see how badly hurt the kid was and i asked the little girl to show me were she was bitten at and she said "well, she didnt bight me, i was throwing rocks at her and rowdie and she jumped at me and scared me:!!!!!!!!!!!! :x so at that point i was raging pissed off even worse than before. about a minute later the cops show up to do there job and they told me that since i had given the guy permission to shoot her that he couldnt do anything about it. so i asked if he would arrest the lady for trespassing at least for coming in my yard and letting my dogs off the chain and he told me there was no room in the jail for her and just left......So now i am just extremley pissed off wondering what the hell i did that was so wrong for these people to do that to her. needless to say now rowdie will never be left outside again even if he is on a chain or in his kennel. i wish so much that i could go back and use a clearer head to deal with the situation and she would be here still...............RIP Honey!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

rowdie Im so very sorry for what your going through. I have to admit that I really dont understand why you gave him permission to do this without checking it out first.....I guess if youve never really dealt with real nasty vindictive ba$tards like this before then you dont know.

Im thinking about you and your family and hope you all get through this.

(hugs)

3. rowdiebrindlepit

yeah i agree i should have checked, but due tothe fact that he is my wifes cousin i guess i believed him for some reason...lesson learned!

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Sorry rowdie I must have missed that part....unbelievable!!! You wouldnt think that a family member would do what he did....again, Im really sorry for your loss. :cry:

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Don't want to cause more issues but it's possible that the guy mis-understood his daughter or she was afraid to tell the whole truth (throwing rocks)... After he realized the gravity of the situation she probably decided better to tell the truth, perhaps she didn't realize the dog had already been shot too...

Might not be a vindictive bastard issue at all. Before you get too upset don't forget the possible reasons for a misunderstanding... As a parent I'm sure a kid tells you or sounds like a dog bit her (a pit bull) I'm sure running out to shoot it before understanding the whole situation is something we'd all do.... Just another angle to check...

So sorry for your loss, we lost our Honijade two weeks ago this coming Wed to a Pyo infection and the should have's don't ever stop being there but they are something to NOT dwell on because you'll never get passed the loss if you don't let it go. I should have spayed...yadda yadda, should have caught it sooner... doesn't take away the reality that she is gone. Remember the good nevermind the bad.

Sara

6. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I'm so sorry you lost your dog this way.

But I have to add something, even though it's too late in this situation, just for future reference.

Never, ever destroy a dog that has bitten a human, or is suspected of biting a human unless the dog is posing an imminant threat. The dog should be quarentined for 10 days to eliminate the possibility of rabies exposure, even if the dog is vaccinated. Vaccines have been known to fail. In this specific instance, if the child had actually been bitten, and the bite was reported, she would have needed to take prophalactic treatment until an examination of the dog's brain tissue showed there was no danger.

7. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I'm sorry that happened! That is something terrible to be going through.

But I would never give someone permission to shoot one of my dogs!!! That is just crazy to me. If I had a man biter sure I would put it down and that'd be a different story. But if I wasn't present when the supposed bite took place I'd need to see proof. My dogs have stable temperaments so I wouldn't believe they bit anyone without witnessing it or being shown fresh bite wounds.

It sucks about the lady letting the dogs off their chains, my friend had this problem and ended up losing a good dog in a yard accident, her stupid neighbor would come over and let the dogs loose. She hated the breed is why. A couple times she even called the cops and said my friend was fighting dogs after she's the one who let them free. Cops never did anything and said you have SEE them let the dogs free or get a camera. She lived in the country too, but still no peace, she moved after all that.

8. rowdiebrindlepit

yeah that lady is sick, since that incident she has called the cops on me i think 9 times because of rowdie mainly. but the day she let honey off the chain i had 2 wittnesses who seen her in my yard, but not letting the dogs off of the chain. when the cops came i c alled those people over and they told the cop what they saw and the cop said there was no room in jail for her. even though i have no trespassing signs up and beware of dog signs up it didnt matter at all. my fault i guess, dont know how, but it has to be.