1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ropefish Food.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I know there was another post about this kinda but it didn't cover the best foods. I got my ropefish about 2 days ago and his temperature is perfect, good hiding places he sleeps in, 1 plant, and a good tight top on his temporary 29 gallon. He is about 8 inches long and skinny. I put a live feeder fish in his tank a day ago and it still isn't gone. Why won't he eat. Should I use that clear bottle with food in it?? Should I just come down with a flashlight and c if he eats a leafworm I drop in??? I would just like to c that he EATS.

2. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah! finally he ate some cut up leaf worms. Maybe he is too small for live feeders lol. I don't think I am gonna like the going downstairs in the pitch black and feeding him every night do I have to do that? will he eat witht he light on cuz i had to use the flashlight to c wut i was doing then he only ate when it wasnt shining on him??

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I dunno, mine personally doesn't like the light and always hides. Can I see the set up and does he like those leafworm things, cause hopefully mine will eat them!

4. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I'll get pics up real soon you can bet on that. YES he loves them he'll gobble them right up right when he tracks them down with his scent. But he NEVER eats in the day when he is awake. it stinks.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks, I'm going to get that for my fish! Can you buy htem at a lfs?

6. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

What are lfs again??? I get them at gas stations. If ur ropefish is as small as mine cut them in half and make sure they land right in front of the ropefish and make sure its dark... they will eat them tho.

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Lfs = Local Fish Store

They are at gas stations! Are you sure every gas station has them? What do they look like?

8. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

They'd be wheerevr they have their fishing gear/bait. Theres prolly a little fridge just open it and they have leafworms, nightcrawlers, mealworms. Get the leafworms if he is as small as mine. Yeah almost all bigger stations have them for fishermen.

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Wow! They don't seem to sell them up where I live. Oh well, I'll have to find them somewhere else.

10. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Lol. Forget buying em, just dig for them lol. :lol:

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

How and where do I do that?

12. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

You know what worms are right? Leafworms are just regular old worm. Its called leaf because they are as long as a leaf (found basically everywhere too). Just dig in dirt man (a garden??) (moist soil??) or when it rains and they come on ur driveway. Any worm will do.

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh, I'm acustomed to them being called "earthworms." Sorry and thanks.

14. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

No problem.

15. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Did you give them to him alive or did u kill them first?

16. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

It's very hard to kill a worm (100 hearts). What I did was cut them in halfs or thirds and place them in front of him slowly.

17. Nameless

Nameless New Member

So I guess you finally found something he liked?

18. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

It's hard to kill a worm (100 hearts) unless you use salt or ice. So I just cut them in halfs and thirds. Last nite I gave him a whole one which I assume he gobbled up since he was staring it down as it moved into his cave.

19. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Lol! That's good to hear. Mine is quite protective of his cave.

20. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

So how big is yours?? How often does he eat?