1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Run, Run, Run to the store and buy a Zoom Groom!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, May 3, 2004.

1. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i dont really have anything smelly in my house. i cant stand perfume smells myself. ive been mixing advance in his normal food and it hasnt seemed to make a difference. i might just try the advance on its own. as per usual i cant get my hands on good cat food here, so i have to buy food with god knows what in it. i might hunt around for other foods, see if there is a supplier in the eastern states.

ive just remember pets paradise sell innova, im not sure if they sell their cat food though. i might pop down and see their prices. i know their innova dog food is a complete RIP OFF, but im guessing the cat food will be more affordable since its smaller.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Kyles. Yeah, if he's not eating quality food, it could be from that. Innova is a good product. I hope you find something better for Pepe. Good luck on your quest for Pepe food. :D

3. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

I just bought the zoom groom today at petsmart for $7 (U.S)

It works reallly good and my cats love it.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

why yes Chessie....Sadie prefers a bamboo rake over a plastic one :roll:

A dog rake...have them for cats too I believe. What I use on Sadie dog looks a little like a garden rake...she has a really thick coat and a regular brush is useless with her fur. So she gets raked :y_the_best:

I'm glad I'm helping everyone spend their money :mrgreen:

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Yeah Alkaline! :eek: I'm so glad you got one too! Was the hairball from your cats as big as mine or even bigger? As soon as I finish this post I'm going to 'zoom' Handsome. He sure likes his Zoom Groom. :mrgreen:

Mary_NH, that is too funny! I've never seen these cat and dog rakes. I'll have to see if they have them at the pet supply shop I go to, just so that I can actually see it for myself. You don't by any chance have any pics of it, do you? Or you wouldn't by any chance want to take a pic of it would you? LOL

6. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

yeah... they were just as big.... but i know they would be bigger if i keep brushing them. It works really good and my cats love it.. so does my sisters cat

7. footsie

footsie New Member

I got one. I agree, it is superior to my other two brushes. Footsie still would much rather play with it than be brushed with it, but in the little bit he's let me I've removed a lot of hair. My only complaint is that it leaves a lot of hair on the surface of his coat, just waiting to rub off onto any thing he brushes against while making his getaway.

Summary: Get one, but don't wear a black shirt while using it on a non-black cat.

8. vene

vene New Member

Thanks guys for trying out the Zoom Groom first. Pumpkin, Monty Boy and Milo LOVE to be "zoomed!" Their fur came out in ball sizes the first time groomed. My usual brush only gets out so much fur. Rene's fur is like a pelt and she doesn't shed much if any so zooming her does nada for her. She just runs away. :D

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lot's of ZOOMING going on! :eek: Vene when did you get your zoom groom? I'm glad you and your kitties like it. I thought of saving the hairballs over time and making a pillow out of it. LOL.

Footsie, I know what you mean about some loose hair still on their fur after you zoom them. It's as if you need to keep zooming them until all of the loose hairs are gone. There is only so long we can zoom them! Instead I wet both of my hands and run them down Handsome's fur and it collects all of those loose hairs. You could also use one of those pet hair rollers after you zoom to remove the excess loose hairs that are still on his fur. This brush just works so well that the loose hair is just never ending! I'm very glad some of you have bought it for your kitties. It sure helps to keep them cooler and since it stimulates the skin it will help their fur become more shiny.

Has anyone else bought a Zoom Groom?

10. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

Yaye everyones taking our advice and buying Zoom Groom :eek:

11. vene

vene New Member

Chessmind, I bought the zoom groom right after you posted the first pic of Handsome's blue furball. I'm thinking wow, this silly groomer really does work. We saw this product last year and thought it looked "dumb" and probably is too expensive and will not work. Thanks to you guys I had to readjust my thinking. $7 spent at Petsmart for this product is well worth it.
    By the way, Rene will play with Monty Boy and Pumpkin's fur balls. She bats it around for hours of fun. It's great for redirected aggression and it's FREE!

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

[​IMG]

LOL Vene about your cats playing with the hair ball. I also thought it was stupid looking, but boy does it work well! I bought a Zoom Groom for my parent's cats J.B. (James Bond) and KiKi. Now, I realize the pic above is not that impressive, but this is why: First of all KiKi's hair ball got a bit condensed by the time I took the pic. It would probably be about twice the size if it hadn't gotten all mashed in the ziplock bag I had in my back pocket. Then J.B.'s fur is just so short and he just has the kind of fur that barely sheds. He's the perfect cat for people that don't like hair all over their house. Anyway, both of my parent's cats loved to be Zoomed! My mom was thrilled with it. So, for anyone who still has not gotten one, run, run, run to the store and buy a Zoom Groom!

13. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

Zoom Groom realy does work for you people that don't think it does.

Like Chessmind said... run, run, run to the store and go buy a Zoom Groom!

14. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

my zoom groom arrived today and WOW. does it get the fur out or what? pepe seems to tolerate it more than the comb and we tried it on the dog and its just getting soo much fur out. its her moulting season so its come in handy. my partner is saying 'LOOK' every 2 seconds to come look at the fur its got out lol. chessmind, THANKYOU for telling us about this. :0008:

15. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

:eek: I'm so glad you like it! :eek: And the fact that Pepe even tolerates it is great! And your partner seems to think it's pretty cool too! Did you know that they make a Zoom Groom especially for dogs? Here is the link below. You should post in the dog forum with pics of the furballs from your dog and the Zoom Groom. If I had a dog, I would. :mrgreen:

Alkaline, I hope more people buy one for their fur animals. It really is a great product. I think I'll sell my dental practice and just go door to door selling Zoom grooms! :wink:

http://www.puplife.com/cgi-bin/plugins/ ... gory_Code=

16. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

we have fur tumbleweeds all over the house now from using it on kuma. ill just continue using the cat one on kuma because they are 17 dollars each.

17. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

HUGE LOL Kyles! 'Tumbleweeds!' LOL

18. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

wow, kyles101 $17?! Where did you buy it at? That's a lot.... considering that i got it $10 cheaper.

19. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

thats 17 AUD. because zoom grooms are made in the US we have to pay a higher price. like most things here :x

20. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I just counted how people have gotten the Zoom Groom. Only four people not including including myself! LOL. :0015: :arrow: (four people talking about how great the Zoom Groom is) Is there anyone else that has gotten one?