1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty, Our Jack Russell/Dachshund We Found On Highway

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by pamr61, Apr 25, 2004.

1. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

U got my vote!

2. dogangel

dogangel New Member

:D You just got my vote too!!! And guess what? As soon as I get back home you'll get another vote. So you can count on two votes a day from me!!!!
    By the way - thank you for making my day!!! I wish everybody were willing to save the lives of all the poor little critters being abondoned and miserable out there!!!!

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Hi again everybody...and thanks for the continued support with all of your votes! Last I checked Rusty was still hanging onto the lead, but I think it's going to be close all the way.
    Just wanted to let you all know that Rusty now has his own Dogster page! I just got it put up today, so if you'd like to go take a look at some other photo's of the little mutt, you are welcome to... here is the link

http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?i=33182

Dogster is a great site! Anyone else out there who's dog has a page on Dogster, please send me the link so I can go take a look and add them to Rusty's friend list. Thanks!

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

5. EmmesMom

EmmesMom New Member

OMGOODNESS!!

THANKS for posting his dogster page!! He is just the cutest!! I LOVE the picture of his eyes closed!! I have voted every day since you posted this.

GOOD LUCK RUSTY!!

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Hi everyone--
    Several people asked me to post reminders about voting on Many Critters, so here it is for today! :D The contest is running very tight, with the lead switching back and forth between Rusty and one other pup several times a day. We are at the half way point, since the contest runs through May 15th... so who knows!!!
    Rusty continues to develop in more ways every day. He had a few anxiety issues when we first got him... like being afraid of men, (especially their feet) I think he has been kicked by someone in the past. He also had some anxiety related chewing issues, most of which are working themselves out with time. We work a lot at redirecting his chewing to okay things to chew on, and he seems to be picking that up well. We still can't leave him completely alone in the house, or he goes through some huge separation anxiety, and will try to eat his way out of the door, (not good for the carpet :cry: ) and bark and cry until he is in a frienzy.
    SO, for the few hours he occasionally has to be left alone, we have been putting him and his bed, toys, food and water into the bathroom, and he seems to do much better with the smaller, more secure space to be alone in.
    But mostly what we have been giving him is lots of love and positive attention, and my belief is that is the main thing some dogs need to work out a lot of their problems, just like with kids I guess.... a loving, stable, consistent environment.
    ANyway, thanks for all of your votes, and keep up the good work!

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

8. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

With the reminders, its no problem. I've voted everyday since you told us.
    My terrier mix was like yours when I first got him. I would only be gone an hour or two at a time. He would scratch at the door, broke some of the linolium. He would knock plants down by the windows, try to climb the front door srceen when I left and hubby was home. I two months later wanted another dog hoping it would ease his tension of being alone. Thank god that worked. I could have had two dogs with the same issues. Sasha saved the day. I think mine is part JRT too.

9. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Here's today's reminder to vote!--- We seem to have fallen behind over the weekend :( Weekends are tough, a lot of our people don't have acess to as many computers at home as at work. Anyway, everyone is doing great, and we'll see how it all ends up. Rusty says "Hi". He had a great weekend.. my family helped our grandma move into an assisted living facility, and Rusty was very popular with all of the elderly ladies--- he's a real charmer! They all flocked to him to ask questions and pet him, and tell him how cute he is. He loved every minute of it!

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I got my rusty intake today. Yesterday was the only day I missed. Sorry. Hubby commandoed the computer.

11. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I voted !
    hey ,you guys should have paged me :0020:

I would have been voting all along ,had I knew !

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

We gotta vote everyday! I just voted for today and the competition is currently ahead! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:)

13. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

I have been voting for Rusty. He is cute! :)

14. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Keep up the great job of voting, everybody.... we are still running behind currently, but we can get caught up in no time of we all keep at it!
    Do any of you use one of those front style dog carrier packs? We are looking to get one for Rusty for when we take him places where we can't always let him be on the ground. We have looked at a few different kinds, but are wondering if one is any better than the other---- easier on the back, and all. Any comments?

15. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

16. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thanks for the direct link. Got my vote in for the day. He's in the lead.

17. EmmesMom

EmmesMom New Member

I just voted he is in the lead by two. :wink: Boy this one is going to be a tight one!!

18. klf

klf New Member

he's in the lead by 5 now keep up the good work!

19. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Did it. It really is going to be close.

20. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Well, everyone's votes continue to keep Rusty in the lead, at least for the moment. But since the beginning, the trend has been that we work our way ahead through the week, and then fall behind on the weekends... not as many people with access to as many computers :( Remember, you can vote more than once a day, it just has to be from different computers.
    A few posts back I added a direct link to the sight to make it really easy to find.
    Below is a link to the shelter here in our area I am planning to donate the winnings to if Rusty should win. You should check it out, ot's really an awesome thing. Rusty and I are starting the "Good Manners" obedience class starting on Monday :) Anywya, everyone have a good weekend!

http://www.thenoahcenter.org/

Thanks