1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Saltwater Update

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Hey Everyone:

Just an update, My 20 Gallon tank is almost finished, I have about 12 pounds of live rock, the substrate is live sand (about 2 inches) and yesterday I got my 2 Tomato Clowns... so much personality!!! I'll try to get a picture up soon. The Bio-Load is really pushing it but I plan on getting more liverock so when their adults with regular water changes it should be fine. :D

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Wow, thats really cool, how much does the salt cost in all for the water changes though, because when all my fish are gone, in like 10 years since the female platties seem to be having to much fun then i wanted to do that to my 29 gal. though i heard of the cost is quite high, though they are so nice.

3. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Saltmixes are the most inexpensive part, I got my saltmix from bigals online for only $14.99, It gets the PH to 8.4 and adds some of the trace chemicals you need. I've spent about 60.00 dollars converting from fresh to saltwater not including the fish, Tomato Clowns run about 20 USD around here.

4. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

im saving up some money for a marine tank and i think the most expensive part would be buyign the live rock and the and sand