1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sams and any other curious types... The BOERBOEL

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sara, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yes!!!

Hi!

I recently bought a pup from Sara out of Africa's Riot who is now back at Arcadyan Kennels in Colorado, and Arcadyan Ascari Princess who is still with Sara.

Kabuki is the pup and I brought Precious home with me as well. Precious isan awsome dog. She's 17 months old and already weighs in at 111lbs, and thats a lean weight. She's in conditioning at the moment.

I researched this breed for a long time before even considering it. I made the long trip from Southern Texas to Cheyenne, Wyoming.

This breed is great. I had Precious two weeks and she broke out of her kennel. I have no idea how long she was out.. probably over an hour...but she was chillin when I got home.

Kabuki is the same. They are very attentive to everything that goes on, and will warn you ANYTIME ANYTHING comes around thats not supposed to be there. But will quickly warm up once corrected and told "its ok".

These dogs are great family dogs. Precious is wonderful. She's got her "crazy" moods where she'll run and play all silly for about 15 minutes when let out first thing in the morning. But settles to a nice quiet dog. She's not overly affectionate, but comes to be petted and sit at my side every now and then. Mainly she's working. So we're trying to show her affection, but not over do it so she doesn't turn to mush. Kabuki on the other hand, is just a party animal. Litterally.... I swear she snorts a line of crack every morning and it lasts till bed time!!! She just looks at you and says... " Hey, wheres the party!!!"

But I love them to death.

If your considering this breed. Really you need to meet them and spend time with them. I spent almost a week up there with Sara.... And i was hooked the first time I met them.

But they require alot of human interaction. At the end of a day when I'm not home and they didn't go with me....they are just THRILLED that I'm home. I couldn't imagine leaving them for long periods of time.....

2. stuartheatherfoster

stuartheatherfoster New Member

boerboel great dog yup

This is one hard forum, every time I log in it takes me to an old forum page that is inactive.

ANy Way

I think the boerboel would fit in great with us my wife is a homemaker with our three kids, the oldest is homeschooled and the other two are to little for class, and I work from home, I wish there was some one in the GA area we could get in contact with, if not we may need to go and meet Ms Sara.

Stuart

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Want a beagle instead? I have a great guy for you since you guys are always home... ;)

4. stuartheatherfoster

stuartheatherfoster New Member

boerboal the new dog

Ha HA :D

No , thanks though, we have never had much interest in smaller dogs though beagles can be great, really enjoyed our rhodesianrback and previous mastiffs. Unfortunatley the mastiffs we had in a third world country and were trained to aggresively to enjoy life here in the States. We found some people who adored them to take them over.

Ah well we shall see, I have called a few kennels to talk to someone but they seem to not answer their phones.

Patience is a virtue.

Stuart

5. dfdems

dfdems New Member

They are a great companion. After a couple of years of thinking about it we got one about 4-5 months ago. Its a 7 month old female, 88 pounds. Looks intimidating I guess if you dont know dogs but she is very good natured.

They are definetly a companion. They seem to (mine at least) want nothing more than to be with you or around you at all times. The only time you can get a decent distance away is throwing a ball. These were taken about a month ago

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what great pics, thanks for sharing,

honeybear

7. Sara

Sara New Member

I'm bringin' this back as it seems there are some folks who are again curious about Boerboels... Not sure how informative it'll be but thought I'd get it up again...

Sara

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Great that you did! I was going thru some old photos on my computer and just thought I'd show you the progress they've done and what a long way they've come!!!

Precious and Kabuki when I first got them from Sara:
    [​IMG]
    Precious Now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kabuki now:
    [​IMG]