1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sarge Got Hit By A Car!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Oooo, I like that one!

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sareges mom- NOpe She's full grown!!! The babies are usually about half the size of a real mini. To be classified as a mini, they can only be 34" or shorter. After that they are classified as a Pony. THey DO NOT MAKE GOOD PETS!!! Period. The stallions and mares get quite nasty. Its the same as having a regular horse or pony. So don't everyone go run out and get one!!!

A lady here in Columbus trains and breeds, she was working with a little mare when the mare bit the back of her arm and took off the entire tricep!
    They kick just as hard as a regular horse as well. Their temperments are not the greatest either. If raised and trained properly they can be great! But most aren't. Most have a horrible attitude.

Jamiya- Thats one ugly dog!!!! I'm sorry but IMO I'd never have one look like that. I'd rather go with the Water Spaniel!!!

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Someday- Thank you , thank you! Yes, the apricot and cream puppy in the far bottom right looks just like Peaches! Thanks!!!!

4. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Sarge....wishing him a quick recovery.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yeah lots of crate rest will do him good. Hope he's doing alright and not in too much pain poor boy.

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

So sorry to hear about Sarge. I wish him a speedy recovery. Good luck keeping him immobile.

I too have one of those hubbys who doesnt undestand a thing. Watching the children means being in the same house. One day a few weeks ago they cut their hair not 5 feet from them. I guess he thought he was to watch them cut their hair not actually stop them.

Jill

7. Jas

Jas New Member

So sorry to hear about Sarge, glad to know he's going to be okay. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery!

Jas

8. rudysjoy

rudysjoy New Member

Sorry to hear about Sarge. Glad to hear it was just a broken leg. Tramatic, but not really serious. Try to relax!!!!!! My husband says he doesn't have to worry because I worry enough for both of us. Years ago our dog fell down the basement steps and broke his right rear leg. Tramatic experience for me..... but Tramp didn't seem to mind the cast at all. The kids got a real charge out of the cast because when he walked you could hear the clunk, clunk, clunk whenever he walked or ran through the house..... or on the concrete driveway.

Anyway, hope things improve.

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Sarge's cast is on and he is actually doing pretty good. So far anyway! I am hoping my friend with the working digital can get a pic of him this weekend. He is so funny, it does not slow him down at all. I have to keep putting him in an enclosed area so he won't do too much, but then he cries so I have squish in the small area w/him! We look crazy!

Peaches (yes that's her name now!) Went to her new home last night! She was so excited being carried out by her little girl I almost cried!

Well, I have to get going, I hear the bumping of my furry gimp!

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

awww! I love happy endings!

11. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

:eek: I'm happy to hear that your furry kid is able to make the thumping sounds as he recovers.

Per the earlier part of the thread, men are really blind to possibilities of danger for themselves most of the time, so it CAN'T happen to anyone they are responsible for! Once it does, they're generally defensively offensive, "How was I supposed to know he'd run out in the stett? He's never done that BEFORE"! Poor dears, what can a mere woman do? :roll:

12. honeybears

honeybears New Member

give a big hug to Sarge for me, glad ot hear he is okay

honeybear

13. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

MY GAWD! Is it the season??? :( My employee's dog was hit by a car on Tuesday, Sept 14th.... He found his rot/lab mix, Luey, in the backyard late one nite, after finding the gate open! Luey was huddled in the corner, obviously in pain.... He ended up having to PTS (bad internal injuries).

Sarge is one lucky dog!! :kiss_heart: I'm sending lots of ((((Hugs)))) and ((((licks)))) from Bailey for an extra speedy recovery!!!!!!!!! :kiss_heart:

14. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Sorry to hear about Sarge, but glad he's ok.

15. GinaH

GinaH New Member

How is Sarge feeling today? Big Hugs Sarge!

16. Piper's Mom

Piper's Mom New Member

Sarge, we hope you are feeling better and not giving your Mom TOO MUCH grief! Don't be too mad at Daddy - all the Mommy's out here have already sent him some pretty bad vibes!!!! Dad's are like children, only safe when they are in our site. :mrgreen:

17. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

How is our little trooper doing? Anymore broom casualties lately?

18. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Sorry for the delay! I got a message this morning that sounds like I may have George's daddy. My husband was a little bummed, but, now is setting all his energy on the Pyr/GSD mix. He is nuts!

Sarge had a little "issue" with chewing his cast. So, 2 cans of bitter green apple later, he is a little better about it (I suspect he is developing a fondness for the taste, the little brat!)

I will let you know what I find out about George (who, if this is his daddy, says his real name is Henry)

Thanks for checking on us everyone and for all your good vibes!!!!!

19. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I'm happy to hear that Sarge is doing better!!! That's very very happy news.

As far as him chewing on his cast... CAN YA BLAME HIM? :) hehe...

20. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

From the things we hear about sarge it would not suprise me one bit if he likes the spray!

Sorry about Gorge he sounding like a fun one with more fun stories! As long as he is happy and in a good home though.

BTW our husbands can NEVER meet, we would have like 100 dogs between us! I accidently mentioned the idea of fostering to him, you know something I want to do when the kids are a little older, he jumped on that idea. Thankfully I have been able to hold him off but its only a matter or time. Dont get me wrong it is something I really want to do but just dont have the time, or money for it at the moment. Not to mention space! By the way if he ever ask our local shelter doesnt have a foster program lol. Thank god he wont call and ask. If I actually thought he would help with the dogs I might start doing it, but seeing as how a water bowl can go dry without me or the kids there no-no!

Ok sorry for rambling!