1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shop And Adopt?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, May 18, 2004.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

maltipoo - do you have a hardware firewall or a software one? You may be able to disable it temporarily to view the site. Unless you are on a network in a business environement, in which case they usually frown on that. :)

Jamiya

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

It is my business firewall .I did disable it last night or rather about 3 am this morning and viewed the sites .I say t is a good idea .Hope it works fr all .rescues are very important to me.
    All sounds good .

3. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

As far as operating as a shelter....maybe the shelters in your area operate differently, but the one here basically just gives pets away. There is no waiting period or anything like that. You go, fill out some forms, pay the $$, and go home with the pet. The only type of deterrent it's got going for it is the fact that it is kind of out of the way. In other words, you don't just happen to be driving by the shelter. If you go there you go there with one purpose. Rather than being in a mall, you go with one purpose, and end up bringing home a puppy.

4. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I check out their website..... Rusty and I give it two thumbs up :y_the_best: :y_the_best:
    A great idea not only because it puts pets in need of adoption in a place where there is a lot of human traffic.... but I'm thinking that even for the people that aren't in a situation where they are able or wanting to adopt, it's a way to inform... get the word out and make people aware of the importance of spay and neutering.... aware of the plight of all of the homeless animals we have in this world. It so easy to do things like going shopping at the malls and forget about things going on in the world.
    My only thought is about the cost of running an operation like this.... from what I understand it's very expensive to rent retail space in malls, at least around here it is. We have an awesome no kill shelter here that does a LOT for helping animals.... educating people, saving "problem" animals from city shelters that are going to be put down, low income spay & neuter clinincs, adoption to qualified people..... I wish they were able to be more visible to the general public like this......Education and awareness is a powerful thing!