1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Should Cats Eat STEAK???

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by jellybean_701, Apr 26, 2004.

1. jellybean_701

jellybean_701 New Member

I fed my cat some steak today... wthout thinkin which meats are good and bad fore them!

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Your cat will be just fine. However, don't feed your cat people food for a variety of reasons. One is that cats should eat quality hard and soft cat food, because it contains everything their body needs. Secondly, once you start feeding your cats people food they may become very picky and won't want to eat their own food. They may then be begging for your food all the time. Also certain people foods are not good for cats. Whole steak on the other hand is not 'bad,' but it can be a choking hazard.

3. jellybean_701

jellybean_701 New Member

Dont worry

I made sure o cut the steak up really small, so he wouldnt choke. I was worried about that too.And is was just a lil sliver of meat from stir fry.

4. nern

nern New Member

I think most types of meat (in small amounts) are fine for cats as a treat provided they are not saturated in heavy seasonings or oils. I give mine peices of meat on occassion icluding turkey, pork chop, beef, steak & chicken....they really seem to enjoy it but Chessmind is right, this may cause some unwanted table begging.

5. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i agree w/ everything said above... my cat chyanne is a begger she goes as far as slapping it outta ur hand b4 it can hit ur mouth (she likes to sit on shoulder soo)