1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sick Goldfish ? ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Ok, so my lil bro got goldfish, but his comp aient working so he cant post this question himself.

But (since he dont belive wut i tell him) he wants to ask, is his goldfish sick?
    The top of his dorsal fin has turned black, and his eyes seem to be bulging out more then ever, wut can this be...

2. dude412

dude412 New Member

Well because i do know you personally and i know your brother i would take a guess and say it could be internal parrasites and wat specis is the goldfish? as for the black on the dorsal fins that could be ammonia burn does he swim fine still and eats and functions good?

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

What are the readings for ammonia, pH, nitrate and nitrite.

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I myself suggested that it was poor water quality. (since he dont know how to keep fish no matter wut i tell him)

None of his goldfish survived. That goldifsh now, was my goldfish, i gave it to him because he lost all of his, several times. (now i regret the desicssion cuz its probly gonna die)

Well i tell him it probly is ammonia burn aswell. He had tail rot like 244654657543 times already.

It eats normaly, but always stays on the bottom, barely moving.

Knowing my lil brother, that goldfish could have anything.

(Dont got tests)

5. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Trickster, It sounds like your brother may have two things going on. The black on the fins from ammonia burn and possibly pop-eye disease as a result of bacterial infection. Both of these would indicate the tank needing to be cleaned.

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hey it sounds like pop eye to me to and maybe fin rotwhat are the readings