1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Signs Of A Pregnant Cat?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Obelix, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

(Forewarning, Please save the berating. I've bent over backwards many times providing not only reasons to, but means of having our cat spayed/neutered. This is gotta be the worlds biggest I told ya so)

For everyone that remembers me (and Lucy), hey! Sorry I haven't been around, I just decided to seek out other forums after some problems last year.

Alrighty, Lucy got out two nights ago and came back last night, meowing loudly on our porch. Question being, What are signs of a pregnant cat? We've got quite a few strays around here so chances are better then I'd prefer that she is pregnant.

Also, what are some initial signs of diseases she could have gotten while out?

Since shes gotten back shes been sleeping, eating, and following me around a lot which is pretty different from her usual routine of wanting to be alone. Though I'm not one to complain about the extra attention, I hope you can understnad my consern.

2. nern

nern New Member

Cats are often overly affectionate while in heat....maybe she is still in heat? I sure hope she's not pregnant. You'd have to go to the vet to find out for sure otherwise you will know shortly when she suddenly has a huge appetite and begins to rapidly gain weight.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

easy...get her spayed now and abort the litter. There is also a blood test that can be done to determine if she's contact either feline aids or leuk (I think that is the 2...could look but my stuff is at home). But I don't know how long after contact it takes to know for sure.
    Since you are unsure of either this would be the perfect time to get her spayed and abort any possibly pregnancy. IF she did come in contact with either of these diseases she'll give birth to very ill kittens.
    A former coworker of mine didn't want to "purchase" a kitten from the shelter so he got a "free" kitten and after hundreds of dollars in vet bills they finally found out their "free" kitten had FIP and had to be PTS. The mother of this cat most likely has it and the cat's person lets it reproduce w/out a care.
    Now's the time....easy fix

4. vene

vene New Member

It's good to get her spayed ASAP. Cats are not strong enough to carry healthy kittens until they are 2 years old. I'm sure Inky/Lucy will be happier being spayed. Whatever you decide, it's best to bring her to the vet or a low cost neutering/spaying clinic. Be sure to test her for feline AIDs and Leuk as suggested. Good luck.