1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Size of my Malte poo puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by tgiles91, Sep 18, 2005.

1. tgiles91

tgiles91 New Member

I have a maltepoo who is 7 pounds right now and fully grown. WE recently got another maltepoo, and the breeder told us that he should be approxamately 5-7 pounds full grown, but the vet told us that he was already 6 pounds and should be between 12-14 pounds. Does anyone know how much he might weigh fully grown, or where I could find out?

2. tgiles91

tgiles91 New Member

He is 3 moths old by the way.

3. BellaRoos

BellaRoos New Member

response to maltipoo weight

Maltipoos are not a breed, just a mix of two dogs, so there is no real standard on what weight they will be. It really depends on the size of their parents. If he is 7 pounds now at 3 months, I think your vet is right with an estimate of 12-14 pounds. I have a pekapoo, who weight just under two pounds at 8 weeks, and she is now just under 10 pounds at two years old.

4. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

Hiya BellaRoos... are you a maltepoo owner?? What part of the Central Coast are you from? I'm from there too!

5. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

oops... forgot to reply regarding the topic...

the answer to your question is WHO KNOWS! :) hehe... I asked that when I first got my baby and it's certainly not an exact science. I was told my shihpoo was suppose to be 8-12 lbs... and he's 15!

The answer usually lies with the size of the parents, so do you know what the parents weigh??

6. WhyMe

WhyMe New Member

It's so hard to know..

I have two Shihpoos. Their mother was a 10 lb Shih-tzu; father was a 7 lbs toy poodle. Our breeder told us that they'd be between 8-10 lbs.

Well, one is 8 lbs. and the other is 10 lbs. They are 1 1/2 yrs. old so they're done growing. It helps to know the size of the parents but it's still hard to know what they will weigh as adults.

Hope this helps a little :)